Enter Switzerland if not mentioned visa?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 October 2013 at 18:04:10 #806182

Hello Everyone,

We are total 4 with one kid (4yr old) flying to Amsterdam & looking for a cost effective way to travel to Paris and then to Zurich and return to Amsterdam from Zurich directly. I have the following questions.

There was no space on the Schengen visa application to insert Switzerland, I have inserted 3 countries, Netherlands, Belgium & France. Are we eligible to travel to Switzerland? since I have not listed that nation on the application form. I have received my Schengen visa as well , do I need to resubmit listing switzerland. What should be my answer for them in case if they ask why haven’t you listed Switzerland in my application. Did I do something wrong? Was I supposed to attach additional application forms with all countries? Netherlands is my primary destination so I applied at Netherlands Consulate. France/Zurich are in our best interest to travel. Please suggest about travel/food/hotel/places etc.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7125 posts
    7 October 2013 at 13:51:08 #839267

Hello suprilove. I’m not familiar with details of the Schengen visa. I suggest you contact the authorities of your home country and/or the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs. You can also look for visa information applying to your country of residence via this search list.

As for your trip: we can help you out with the Swiss part of it, but it’s hard to randomly give advice. Please consider first how long your stay in Zurich will last, at what time of the year you’ll be visiting and what your main interests are (culture and museums, hiking, train and boat traveling, the Alps, etc.?). You can start by browsing this site to get some ideas first:

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 October 2013 at 21:19:32 #839268

Hello Annika,

I would like to spend a day and a half in switzerland, boat travelling, alps, culture and train are of our interest, can you suggest us the best approach?can we do all or part in 1 day. What are the options I have? What would it cost?

Thanks,
    Suprilove

Annika
    7125 posts
    11 October 2013 at 4:01:34 #839269

Hi suprilove. In that case I suggest you travel to Lucerne (not too far off from Zurich) and spend the night there. It’s easy to combine a city trip with a boat trip over the lake and a viewing point like Rigi or Pilatus. In case of bad weather you’ll have interesting alternatives like the Traffic Museum. Traveling times and prices can be found in the timetable I mentioned. Prices for Rigi and Pilatus can be found on their respective websites. Depending on the exact trips you’ll be making, you may profit from a Swiss Half Fare Card, but you’ll have to calculate whether or not that’s the case. Hotels in Lucerne close to the railway station can be found here.

Annika
    7125 posts
    10 February 2022 at 16:18:45 #839270

Hi all. Meanwhile we’ve collected all visa information for tourists visiting Switzerland here: http://www.myswissalps.com/visa.

• The thread ‘Enter Switzerland if not mentioned visa?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.