Family Card for 15 year 10 month old?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 March 2015 at 10:11:43 #806961

Hi,

I would be traveling to Europe in April 2015 along with my wife and son. My son would be around 15 year 10 month old in April. Is family card applicable to him?

The rule is bit confusing. It says that the child should be 6 to 15 year old (both inclusive). What does ‘inclusive’ really mean?

-Pravin

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    10 March 2015 at 5:36:33 #841958

Hi Pravin,

The Swiss Family Card is applicable for children up to 15 years old, so before they reach their 16th birthday. Your son qualifies. Further details can be found on myswissalps.com/swissfamilycard.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 March 2015 at 6:00:29 #841959

Hi Arno,

Thanks a ton! I think it should be clearly mentioned. A girl from RailEurope website during live chat help was also confused.

Looking forward to this trip.

Cheers,

-Pravin

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 March 2015 at 9:04:33 #841960

Hi,

Few more questions.

Following would be my travel in Switzerland.

1. Zurich to Interlaken and then to Jungfraujoch. Then back to Zurich.

2. Zurich to Lucerne and then to Mt. Titlis. Then back to Zurich.

3. Zurich to Rhein falls and back to Zurich.

I am planning to take the Swiss Travel pass for me and my wife along with the family card to cover my son.

Do I get the 50% discount, for the mountain train to Jungfraujoch and cable car to Mt. Titlis?

If not, then do I need to buy Swiss Travel Pass Flex?

Thanks in advance!

-Pravin

Arno
    15484 posts
    12 March 2015 at 17:42:48 #841961

Hi Pravin,

The trip to Jungfraujoch is really long. It takes nearly 9 hours of traveling to get there and back, excluding any time on the top. Apart from the very long trip, there’s a risk that the weather has changed by the time you get there. A town in the region, e.g. Interlaken, is a better base for this. But, it can be done if you wish!

The Swiss Travel Pass map shows which discounts you get. You don’t need the flex pass. Be sure to get the pass online as that’s cheaper. All purchase options are listed here. In your case (India), it makes sense to get it from http://www.raileurope.co.in.

• The thread ‘Family Card for 15 year 10 month old?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.