Family Card on cog railway

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 August 2011 at 2:06:59 #804536

Hi,

I am planning to take a trip to Schyninge Platte and, possibly, to Jungfraujoch. I have a Swiss Pass + Family Card for my children. I will have 50% and 25% discount discount on these routes , but what about the children? How much is the fee for them on both of these routes, assuming they travel with me?

Regards

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 August 2011 at 6:18:18 #833645

Hello,

For our family we purchased 1/2 fare cards for two adults (110fr each) and Junior Karte for our two children ( ages 10 &13) (30fr each) and the children travelled for free on all train, buses and even then Jungfrau train. Not sure if this is the same as the Family card but worth asking about at the train station.

Good Luck.

Mandy

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 August 2011 at 6:55:50 #833646

Thanks,

I’ll try to ask when I’m at he station.

Sounds reasonably – that children travel for free, if accompanied by their parents who have any Pass or discount card

Regards,

Annika
    7094 posts
    2 August 2011 at 8:59:48 #833647

Hi jo1024! With the STS Family Card your children will travel along for free wherever you go, even if a discount instead of free traveling applies for the adults with the Swiss Pass. So there’s no need to buy additional Junior Travelcards: just the Family Card will do.

Mandy, thank you for your input! Did you use these Swiss Half Fare Cards? In that case, it wouldn’t have been necessary for you to buy Junior Travelcards for your children. The free STS Family Card that can be obtained with STS rail passes, such as the Swiss Half Fare Card, would have been sufficient.

• The thread ‘Family Card on cog railway’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10620 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.