9 days in Switzerland – itinerary help for June

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 February 2018 at 14:42:03 #814217

Hello !

I am from Mumbai, India.

We are planning for family vacation ( all adults ) to Switzerland, some time during , either last week of May 2018 or beginning of June 2018, for 10days.

Please suggest – what period would be better.

Further we plan to stay as below :

1. Wengen or Laturbrunnen for 4 to 5 nights – to cover Murren – Schilthorn, Jungfraujoch, Zermatt – Gornegat , Matterhorn.

2. Lucern or Engleberg for 3 nights – to cover Mt Pilatus, Mt Rigi, Mt Titlis, Rhine Falls

We plan to arrive from Mumbai to Zurich.

And we plan to leave for Paris from Lucern, for this please suggest what would be the best possible mode of transport – by road or by train and from which place – Lucern or Zurich.

We also plan to buy the 8 day Swiss pass.

Thanks & regards,

Viren Dedhia

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 February 2018 at 17:14:58 #875480

Hi Zubeen,

Typically at higher elevations the later you come the better. Less snow around and more cable cars etc are operating.

The train from Zurich or Lucerne I think would be best – otherwise I guess a bus? They aren’t as nice!
    A train from either town will go via Basel (sometimes with a change there). You can use the Swiss railways timetable to plan out all your trips.

If you are looking for more details on what to do while you are here read through these links: Jungfrau region & Lucerne.

For the Swiss Travel Pass you can buy it online here (easiest option). Then you can print it out and print it off at home so you are ready to hop on the trains as soon as you arrive at Zurich airport.

I hope that helps – let us know if you have more questions!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 February 2018 at 23:08:46 #875481

Good Day Sir,

Hope you don’t mind me jumping in this thread.

I’m too planning for a trip to Switzerland in June for my family, ETA Lauterbrunnen/Wengen mid June 2018. We are 2 adults & 3 kids age 12, 9 & 4.

We’re planning to get the 8 days Swiss Travel Pass, but I am not sure what kind of Travel Pass for the kids?

As I read from http://www.jungfrau.ch website, we need additional ticket to Jungfraujoch.

As I read in this forum, the plan is normally to ascend Jungfraujoch from Lauterbrunned/Wengen, and descend to Grindelwald Grund. After that, take cable car from Grindelwald Grund to Mannlichen, trail walk to KS, then back with train to Wengen/Lauterbrunnen. All these should take whole day from 0700-1700 roughly, no?

Please advise if my understanding of the JUngfraujoch ticket is correct:

With the Swiss Travel Pass, for the adults, buy Jungfrau Travel Pass (3days CHF180 x 2 adults) + (3days CHF30 x 2kids) + free travel for 4yrs old, yes?

Reserving seats from KS to Jungfraujoch will cost me CHF10 x 5 travelers, yes?

Does the cable car from Grindelwwald Grund to Mannlichen needs any other ticket?

What about all the cable cars to Schiltorn, free ride with Jungfrau Travel pass? (Murren – Schiltorn – Gimmelwald – Stetchelberg)

Any other cost that I am missing?

Is there a separate timetable for the cable cars which can be obtainable online?

Your advise is very much appreciated.

Thanks

Regards,

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 February 2018 at 1:48:23 #875482

Hi kabsMY, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

>> Hope you don’t mind me jumping in this thread.

Actually, that’s a really bad idea 🙂

Your questions have the potential to generate a lengthy response and follow-up questions and responses.

It will get very confusing discussing two completely different itineraries in the same thread.

Please assist us and start your own thread by clicking on Post a new thread on the following page:

http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/rail

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 February 2018 at 5:26:05 #875483

Hello Lucas!

Thanks for the quick response.

Please also advise, if the following is doable, and would not be a too tight schedule :

1. Wengen or Laturbrunnen for 4 to 5 nights – so as to cover Murren – Schilthorn, Jungfraujoch, Zermatt – Gornegat , Matterhorn.

2. Lucern or Engleberg for 3 nights – so as to cover Mt Pilatus, Mt Rigi, Mt Titlis, Rhine Falls.

Best regards,

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 February 2018 at 6:32:55 #875484

Hi Zubeen,

Yes that seems like a good amount of nights in each place.You can use the Swiss railways timetable hereto plan out the specifics trips/timing on all the trains. The trip from Wengen or Lauterbrunnen to Zermatt would be a long day but doable if you want!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 February 2018 at 7:33:51 #875485

Hello Lucas!

Noted, thanks a ton, for the prompt response.

Let me know, if you have any further suggestions.

• The thread ‘9 days in Switzerland – itinerary help for June’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.