Flex Pass on other than 1 of the 4 travel days

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 March 2012 at 0:44:36 #805006

Dear Sir/Madam,
    I just want to confirm that during the one month period I can use my Flex Pass for discounts on other Swish railroads for short trips, boats, and gondola rides. For example I will be arriving in Geneva and plan to purchase a 2nd class ticket to Interlaken but not use a Pass Day, I want to pay cash for the ticket at discount price. I will use my Flex Pass for long rail trips.

Thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    11 March 2012 at 15:08:20 #835131

Hello rspace,

That’s not entirely correct. The validity of the Swiss Flexi Pass starts at the first day of free travelling and ends after the last day of free travelling. So you get discounts on all the days in between. You need to start with a free travel day. All details about the pass can be found here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 March 2012 at 18:29:53 #835132

Hi Amo,
    Thank you for your reply above. I have a few more follow up quesitons.

I just followed the link to the MySwissAlps web sit to the http://www.swisstravelsystem. com sit to purchase the Flex Pass and a it asked for the Start Date. I have booked airline tickets to arrive Sept 12, 2012. When I continued to the next page it gave me the option to purchase additional 50% discount tickets to Pilatus, Gornergat, Matterhorn, etc. When I selected an additional location, it again asked for the date. At this time I am not sure of the exact date I will go to Pilatus or the Matterhorn. Are those dates critical? or can I use an estimated date? Would it be easier to just purchase the additiona tickets on the day I arrive at the mountain and need them?

Can you tell me how long the 2 for 1 fall tickets will be offered? Since you are still offering Spring tickets, I assume it will be well into late summer that they are offered.

Thank you,
    Roy

Annika
    7103 posts
    12 March 2012 at 12:54:34 #835133

Hello Roy! If you’re not sure about the dates yet, you can best buy your discounted tickets for mountain transportation on the spot, right before boarding the mountain train or cable car. That allows you to change your itinerary according to the weather or other circumstances.

The 2 for 1 offer will be available well into November, as tickets for traveling in November can still be ordered then.

• The thread ‘Flex Pass on other than 1 of the 4 travel days’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.