Four days Lauterbrunnen in April 2015

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 March 2015 at 8:16:04 #806928

On April 16th 2015 I will travel to Lauterbrunnen, with my father and his brother (78 and 63 years). We will fly to Basel and we have a rental car to travel to Camping Jungfrau in Lauterbrunnen. We will stay in a chalet on the campingsite.

We like to take the train to Jungfraujoch, but I see a lot of different prices, can someone please help me with the right information?

thank you!Majoes

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    2 March 2015 at 5:21:43 #841870

Hi Majoes,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! The link to prices can be found on myswissalps.com/jungfraujoch/tickets. A standard return ticket to Jungfraujoch is CHF 183.60. With Swiss Half Fare Cards, you will get a 50% discount on this ticket, and most other cable cars, trains and boats.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 March 2015 at 6:35:03 #841871

Hey Anika, thank you for answering so soon, I will take a look and if the’re any questions left, I will contact again.

Have a nice day!

Majoes

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 March 2015 at 22:02:38 #841872

Hi Annika,

From the Swiss travel agency (verkeersburo) I heard that the half Fare Card only provides 25 % discount on the Jungfraujoch bahn. That is what i meant about different information. I don’t know what or who to believe.

For us it is necessary to know because I want to purchase it before we go.

We only have 4 days so I want to prepare well. If the card is 98 € and it’s only 25 % discount on the Jungfraubahn, it is not worthwile.

I hope that you can help me out with your experience.

thanks!

majoes

Annika
    7104 posts
    8 March 2015 at 10:04:30 #841873

Hi majoes,

It’s the Swiss Travel Pass and Swiss Travel Pass Flex that provide a 25% discount to Jungfraujoch from Grindelwald or Wengen, and free traveling until either of these towns. The Swiss Half Fare Card provides a 50% discount on the whole trip. You can download the map to verify. Indeed the card costs € 98 via http://www.acprail.com, or CHF 120 (€ 112) if you wait with your purchase until you’re in Switzerland.

I just noticed you’re from the Netherlands. You’re welcome to post to the Dutch forum rather than here in the English forum!

• The thread ‘Four days Lauterbrunnen in April 2015’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.