Free boat cruise count as pass travel day?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
labinder16
labinder16
1 post
Jan 19, 2016 - 10:12 AM

The Swiss travel pass and eurail select passes come with added benefits of some free boat cruises on lakes. If I take a boat cruise on a day where I don't actually travel anywhere does this still count as a travel day? I don't want to end up using all my travel days on boat rides. Thanks!

Arno
Arno
14026 posts
expert &
Jan 19, 2016 - 3:48 PM

Welcome to MySwissAlps!

It works a bit different actually. Boarding a boat or any other mode of transport is not what makes it a travel day.

If you have a pass with consecutive days (the Swiss Travel Pass), every day is a travel day, whether you actually travel or not.

If you have a pass with flexible days (the Swiss Travel Pass Flex or Eurail Select 4 days in 2 months), you write the date of the desired day on your pass. That allows you to travel on everything covered by the pass. You don't get free boat trips on non-travel days.

For details about how each pass works, please see the above links.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019