Free bus service with Flex Pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 October 2016 at 13:16:51 #810255

If I’m using a 4-day Flex Pass that has been activated on Monday, can I use free local bus service on Tuesday without using up another day on the Flex Pass? My intent is to travel by rail every other day, i.e. Mon, Wed, Fri and Sun. Can I use the “free” bus services on the other days without “spending” a day of my Flex Pass? What about boat rides (e.g. Lake Geneva)?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15479 posts
    19 October 2016 at 14:10:06 #856664

Hi jgkingdallas, thanks for joining MySwissAlps.com!

If you don’t activate your pass for a particular day it won’t be valid for any mode of transport. Details can be found here: myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpassflex/howtouse. Perhaps you’re better off with a different pass. You’ll find other passes here, and we can help you here in the forum if you have additional questions. Please share your itinerary in that case.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    19 October 2016 at 22:21:26 #856665

<<“can I use free local bus service on Tuesday without using up another day on the Flex Pass?”>>

If I were doing it, I’d simply pay the local bus fares. If you are in cities, there are various discounted travel cards.

However, the cost are small, relative to your other travel cost.

Lake boats count the same as trains.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Free bus service with Flex Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.