Free trip on swiss flexi pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 September 2012 at 18:26:31 #805627

Hi, I am a bit confused when I read about a “free day” of travel on the swiss flexi pass. Does this mean if we are making 4 trips we only need to buy a 3 day flexi pass? I have had some replies and read some replies to others that refer to a “free day” and i am not sure what that means. Thank you to anyone who can clarify!
    Lisa, confused in Boston

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 September 2012 at 20:42:25 #837237

Perhaps what I should ask is if this is my itinerary: Zurich airport-Thun day 1, Boat ride Thun-Spiez and then train Spiez-Zermatt, day 2 and then Zermatt-Chamonix day 6 and Chamonix-Zurich day 10 should I get a 3 day flexi pass and use the it as a “half fare” for Zermatt to Chamonix (can I even do this? Decide if I want to use it as a “half fare” card when I still have trips left on it?) or do I need to buy a 4 day flexi card?

Annika
    7124 posts
    21 September 2012 at 9:56:34 #837238

Hello Lisa. Both a 3 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass (using a discounted day for Zermatt-Chamonix) and a 4 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass (using a free travel day for Zermatt-Chamonix) would work. You can decide which variant you think is most economical or most convenient for your itinerary. Zermatt-Chamonix is quite a long and expensive trip, so I think a 4 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass is convenient.

Did you check the Swiss Flexi Pass page? It’s explained how the pass works there. You can spread 3, 4, 5 or 6 free travel days over a period of one month max. On such a free travel day, you can make all the trips you want. The downloadable validity map shows where free traveling is allowed on such days. On all other days in between your first and last free travel day, discounted traveling applies.

I read in your other post that you’re still looking for hotels. Our lists of hotels close to railway stations (including Zermatt, Zurich and Zurich Airport) may be of help.

I hope it’s clear now. Best regards,

• The thread ‘Free trip on swiss flexi pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.