Furka pass opened in October?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 September 2016 at 1:52:46 #810128

Hi.

I am planning to travel by car from Lugano to Interlaken in October 3rd and would like to use the most beautiful routes between these places.

I heard that Furka pass is amazing and thus this would be my preferred option.

Do you believe that it will be passable by the time I am supposee to be there?

Thank you in advance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    20 September 2016 at 6:24:09 #856083

Hi Clarissa-

Welcome to My Swiss Alps. The Alpine passes are a special driving experience.

This thread may help you:

http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/is-it-good-ideadrive-a-car-in-swiss-alps-october

and

http://www.myswissalps.com/ca r/trafficinfo

If you are driving, you will have to concentrate on the roads. I hope that you will be a passenger if you wish to enjoy the scenery.

Slowpoke

Annika
    7116 posts
    20 September 2016 at 8:14:37 #856084

Hi Clarissa,

Winter closure dates for the Furka pass and other pass roads vary each year. Generally, the Furka pass will be closed at some point in October, depending on when exactly winter and snow set in. Since you’ll be visiting in early October, it’s quite likely that the road is still accessible. You’d best check pass road conditions shortly before leaving to make sure.

• The thread ‘Furka pass opened in October?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.