About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum General taxi service in Switzerland
MySwissAlps features commercial and non-commercial links.

General taxi service in Switzerland

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Gailannski
Gailannski
28 posts
Nov 9, 2021 - 3:41 PM

My husband and I will be spending a long vacation this winter near Thun as our base. We will be strictly using public transportation and we plan to travel all over the place. We are very familiar with Switzerland, but my question is: Is there a general taxi service that we can call in case we are stuck somewhere or miss the last bus? Or would we have to know ahead of time the number for a taxi service in a particular area? What if we are in a more rural area? I understand a taxi might not get us all the way back to Thun, but at least to a hotel. I don’t think Switzerland has a service like Uber in all parts of the country. I also understand that taxis can be very expensive, but worth it if needed! Thanks!

juluftravel
juluftravel
20 posts
Nov 9, 2021 - 5:57 PM in reply to Gailannski

Hi Gailannski,

The last time when I was in Switzerland, I used Uber. You can download the Uber apps on your phone before you leave. Make sure you set up your credit card payment detail on the Uber apps. Because in Switzerland, Uber dont accept cash. It is very efficient and reasonable. If youre in a more rural area and might not have Uber. I suggest that you download another apps ( RideGuru track ). This apps will help you track which taxis are avaliable in that areas. Or you can call Bahnhof Taxi in Thun (+41 33 221 88 88 ). Or you can download Hannk mobility app. Taxis, are all available on the Hannk app any where in the world. Book and pay on the app, find your nearest taxi or just look for the best price on your airport transfer or any location you want. , Hannk will track the position of your driver or show you where to meet - it is all in your hands with the Hannk app for Thun in Switzerland.

Enjoy your long vacation.

Last modified on Nov 9, 2021 - 6:00 PM by juluftravel
Gailannski
Gailannski
28 posts
Nov 9, 2021 - 6:27 PM in reply to juluftravel

Wow that is great information! I will definitely check into those apps. I do have Uber for the USA and I’ll make sure I have it for Switzerland too. The other apps sound great. Perfect. :-)

Anna
Anna
1723 posts
top member &
Nov 9, 2021 - 8:23 PM in reply to Gailannski

Hi Gailannski,

Taxis in Switzerland are considered one of the most expensive in Europe. But if you really need to use them, there's Uber but I don't think it's widely available in Thun.

There's a local ride-sharing app called Go! I haven't tried it but it might be useful to download just in case you need to use it.

go-app.ch/en/

Regards,

Anna

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More

Swiss Travel Pass promotion: 25% discount
Available until 11 December 2021. Book 11 months in advance. Free cancellation.
https://shop.switzerlandtravelcentre.com/#/en/home.

© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2021