Geneva, Neuchatel, Montreux, Interlaken – railpass

• Jimbo947
    Participant
    8 posts
    26 September 2022 at 15:09:17 #828435

We’re going to Geneva for 4 days w side trips to Neuchatel and Montreaux. Then 3 days in Interlaken. We want to visit Lauterbrunnen and Grinderwald First and go to Jungfrau top of Europe. Then leave Switzerland: go from Interlaken to Stresa.

Which Pass would you recommend us to get?

Thank you. Ada

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Lastlook
    Participant
    183 posts
    26 September 2022 at 16:33:43 #947382

I think I’d go with the Half Fare Card (120 CHF) and the Top of Europe pass for 3 days (159 CHF with the Half Fare Card discount) for the fully covered trip to the Jungfraujoch with the Top of Europe pass. Others here might have a better suggestion since there is currently a promotion for the 4 day Swiss Travel Pass for 199 CHF.

Jimbo947
    Participant
    8 posts
    26 September 2022 at 17:31:00 #947383

I was looking at Top of World pass. I think it will good also to visit Lauterbrunnen.

i suppose I can buy it the day I arrive so I can check the weather.

Thank you so much

Lastlook
    Participant
    183 posts
    26 September 2022 at 17:57:20 #947384

Yes – the “Top of Europe” pass covers one trip to Jungfraujoch, and also covers Grindelwald First, Lauterbrunnen, Murren, Harder Kulm, etc. You can also use the Half Fare Card for half off the rest of your transportation within Switzerland.

http://www.jungfrau.ch/en-gb/top-of-europe-pass/

CabinJon
    Participant
    280 posts
    26 September 2022 at 18:02:38 #947385

Checking the weather is always a good idea for mountain top trips. Switzerland has a number of mountaintop live weather cams, and we used those extensively the two times we’ve been there. We found rain & wind at the hotel did not always mean nasty weather several miles away and at higher elevations. And vice versa.

Anna
    6382 posts
    26 September 2022 at 20:03:42 #947386

Hi Ada,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

I agree with Lastlook. If you’re planning a trip to Jungfraujoch and staying in the Jungfrau region for 3 days, buying a Top of Europe Pass is a sensible option. For the remaining days you might want to get a 4-day Swiss Travel Pass which is currently under promotion (CHF199 is a great deal). With the Swiss Travel Pass you can travel for free anywhere in Switzerland including from Geneva to Neuchatel, Montreux and Interlaken. You can find further details about the promotion here: http://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass/promotions

There is also a thread discussing the promotion here: http://www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/swiss-travel-pass-promotion-until-31-oct-2022

Let us know if you need more info.

Regards,

Anna

Jimbo947
    Participant
    8 posts
    26 September 2022 at 21:22:44 #947387

Thank you all. I’ve been hoping for this trip with my granddaughter for 2 years now. I know I’m getting ahead of myself, since we plan this for next May but I’m working on the budget now. Everything seems to have gone super expensive.

i think the 50% discount would only apply to the ride Interlaken – Domodosola. But I should be able to get the tickets all the way to Italy.

I’m very appreciative of your help.

Ada

• The thread ‘Geneva, Neuchatel, Montreux, Interlaken – railpass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.