Getting ready to buy Jungfrau tickets

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 October 2016 at 20:15:36 #810176

Hi All

We are currently in Switzerland and having a fabulous time (trip report to come). But I am heading to Murren tomorrow and have a sunny patch predicted for Monday and Tuesday. I wanted to confirm with the experts and we are going to Jungfraujoch on Monday.

i am using the SBB app and have a travel pass. I will put in the timetable Wengen to Jungfraujoch and purchase the discounted tickets? I am using the app to get me to Wengen but that is free to me with my pass. I have seen others do it and the tickets end up on your phone.

Does all sound right? So far all your advice has been suberb!

Thanks for everything!

Ellen

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    2 October 2016 at 12:34:30 #856311

Hi Ellen!

The forecast indeed looks very nice for Monday and Tuesday. There’s never a guarantee in the mountains as clouds can form there or get stuck there, but both day are certain worth a try.

The SBB app and website are mainly geared to Swiss residents. The app is perfect for schedules, but the tourist travel passes are not taken into consideration. You can buy your discounted ticket from the ticket desk at any staffed station, e.g. in Lauterbrunnen.

You do not need the app for tickets if you have a Swiss Travel Pass. You don’t need any tickets nor an app to reach Wengen. You need to have a ticket from there as explained above.

I’m looking forward to your trip report! You can post it here. Enjoy your visit to Jungfraujoch!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 October 2016 at 8:31:28 #856312

Thanks Arno!

We do have a wonderful day here and currently on the train from Kleine Scheidegg to the top!! Words do not describe the beauty!

Ellen

Arno
    15484 posts
    3 October 2016 at 8:53:35 #856313

You have picked a great sunny day. Be sure to spend enough time outside in the snow! Have fun!

• The thread ‘Getting ready to buy Jungfrau tickets’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.