Jun 19, 2022 - 6:11 PM
My husband and I are traveling to Switzerland from Dec 23rd to Dec 30th. During our trip we most definitely wanted to take the Glacier Express from Zermatt to St Moritz one of those days. We would plan the rest of the trip to Zurich, Zermatt and St Moritz depending on the the day we can take the Glacier Express
1. How do we go about reserving our seats for that week? If i at currently look i cant look for reservation beyond Dec 10th. Do I wait for sometime and how much time should i wait to book tickets online
2. Once we book the tickets online by when should we reserve our seats?
3. If we book the first class tickets can we upgrade to Excellence class at a later stage?
4. What is a more cost effective way to book tickets, given we will be traveling from Zurich to Zermatt to St Moritz to Zurich by train so i would assume we would need swiss train pass as well. Having a swiss train pass be beneficial to book the Glacier Express trip?
5. Fot the almost 8 days that we would be traveling Switzerland what would you recommend to travel within the country? Swiss Pass or Half Swiss pass?