Golden Pass line reservation for kids

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 August 2017 at 6:14:26 #813073

Hi,

We are planning to travel from Zweisimmen – Montreux by the golden pass line. I understand that it is recommended to make reservations for this train. We already have purchased the Swiss Travel Pass online. Below are my questions

1) Which side of the train should i book for better views?

2) We have child (8year old) travelling with the family card. Do we need to pay for a reservation for the kid as well?

One unrelated question is regarding the Swiss Family card. We bought the swiss travel pass through the rail-europe website but havent got the family fare card as that needs to be delivered. On checking with the customer care, they advised that by showing our Swiss pass at the rail counter, they can issue a family card for my son. I just wanted to check is this correct?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 August 2017 at 6:25:55 #868925

Hi rikengop,

1. We recommend the right side is a good option but not too critical on this train – read more here.
    2. Yes, if you want to guarantee your child has a seat you should make reservations – you can do so on a link on our web page here.
    3. Yes, they will issue you a Swiss Family Card at a rail station office when showing the Swiss Travel Pass (if you don’t get yours in the mail in time).

Lucas

• The thread ‘Golden Pass line reservation for kids’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.