Golden Pass line reservation for kids

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
rikengop
rikengop
7 posts
Aug 25, 2017 - 6:14 AM

Hi,

We are planning to travel from Zweisimmen – Montreux by the golden pass line. I understand that it is recommended to make reservations for this train. We already have purchased the Swiss Travel Pass online. Below are my questions

1) Which side of the train should i book for better views?

2) We have child (8year old) travelling with the family card. Do we need to pay for a reservation for the kid as well?

One unrelated question is regarding the Swiss Family card. We bought the swiss travel pass through the rail-europe website but havent got the family fare card as that needs to be delivered. On checking with the customer care, they advised that by showing our Swiss pass at the rail counter, they can issue a family card for my son. I just wanted to check is this correct?

Lucas
Lucas
9930 posts
expert &
Aug 25, 2017 - 6:25 AM in reply to rikengop

Hi rikengop,

1. We recommend the right side is a good option but not too critical on this train - read more here.
  2. Yes, if you want to guarantee your child has a seat you should make reservations - you can do so on a link on our web page here.
  3. Yes, they will issue you a Swiss Family Card at a rail station office when showing the Swiss Travel Pass (if you don't get yours in the mail in time).

Lucas

Last modified on Aug 25, 2017 - 9:04 AM by Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018