Golden Pass Panoramic seat reservations

• JoniL
    Participant
    1 post
    23 September 2022 at 12:39:00 #828416

I purchased a first class rail ticket from Zweisimmen to Montreux through SBB. Can I still book a seat on a panoramic train? If so, would it be through MOB?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 September 2022 at 14:38:47 #947274

All the trains in the main part of the day that are likely to be used by tourists are equipped with the Panoramic coaches (apart from the two Belle Epoque services per day each way). And in fact you don’t really need the panoramic coaches to see the views

You can indeed book just the seats reservations via MOB, but seat reservations aren’t obligatory – and not really necessary outside peak holiday seasons.

journey.mob.ch/en/routing/%2F?_ga=2.250498885.214210734.1663943720-1625259749.1650326690

I think the website is a bit over-complicated because you have to go quite a distance through the ticket ‘purchase’ process before finding the button that offers the ‘just reservation’ option.

Anna
    6382 posts
    24 September 2022 at 10:15:46 #947275

Hi JoniL,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

If you have a first class ticket, I don’t think you need to worry about making seat reservations. After all, seat reservation on the Golden Pass are not obligatory. You can find further details here: https://www.myswissalps.com/goldenpass/tickets

Regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘Golden Pass Panoramic seat reservations’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.