Do I need Golden Pass reservations?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 January 2016 at 14:04:33 #808284

I will be travelling from Luzurn to Montreux early March and note there are a few train changes. Is it necessary to reserve a seat, I have a swiss travel pass? If I reserve, do I reserve for all legs or just from Zweissman to Montreux. Can you take own food & drink? Any other useful information?

thanking you kindly

Charlotte

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    18 January 2016 at 14:37:40 #847758

Hello Charlotte,

No, seat reservations aren’t obligatory for the Golden Pass: http://www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass/tickets. You can reserve seats if you want to, but March isn’t high season for tourists, so you can just board and find a seat without reservation. Sure, you can bring along your own food and drinks. Further information can be found at our Golden Pass page.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 January 2016 at 6:10:11 #847759

Dear Annika,

Thank you. In regards to the Bernina Express, same questions apply? Travelling to Tirano.

many thanks.

Arno
    15481 posts
    19 January 2016 at 7:09:05 #847760

Hi Charlotte,

There’s a page about that as well: myswissalps.com/ berninaexpress/ tickets.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 January 2016 at 7:35:59 #847761

Dear Arno

I have viewed this many times and am struggling to find where and how much to reserve a seat – not user friendly. if I have a swiss travel pass how do I also include this so I am not charged again. We will be travelling the return trip stopping off at ST MORITZ around 11.30am – how do we also reserve this?

kind regards

Arno
    15481 posts
    19 January 2016 at 9:57:10 #847762

Hi Charlotte,

The link under “More on other websites” takes you to the rhb.ch site. Is that the one you’re struggling with? It indeed looks a bit complex, but I just tried it and all seemed to work fine. As you’re entering your data you will also be asked for reductions. That’s where you select the Swiss Travel Pass, so you will only pay the reservation fee of CHF 10 per person.

On the way back from Tirano to St. Moritz you can take any local train without reservations. That’s what I would do, in order to be flexible. But if you want to book seats for that leg too, you can.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 January 2016 at 10:27:10 #847763

Hello Arno,

I will try what you have suggested. The local train is that still covered in the SWISS TRAVEL PASS?

Arno
    15481 posts
    19 January 2016 at 10:44:59 #847764

Hello Charlotte,

Yes, all the trains are covered. All the routes on the map are covered, regardless of the type of train or company operating the train.

• The thread ‘Do I need Golden Pass reservations?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.