Golden Pass reservations with Happy Rail

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 May 2018 at 19:48:52 #816225

I just bought (I think) reservations for the Golden Pass Train on June 4 through HappyRail.com. I completed the traveler info, inputted my credit card info. The next screen I got was looking for me to set up a secure code for my credit card which I didn’t want to do. I never got a chance to pick seats. Did I miss a step?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    25 May 2018 at 23:06:52 #886303

Did you actually complete the transaction and pay? I don’t believe HappyRail offers specific seat choice.

You can make reservations including seat selection at bit.ly/2kaq6Rf. Just change the class of travel, date of travel and start/end points to suit. And click the “e” for English language top right of the page. (where it says “Sprachwahl: d i f e”)

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 May 2018 at 0:19:28 #886304

Thanks for the quick response, this forum is great.

I’m not convinced that I completed the process, didn’t get a chance to confirm the purchase. It was hard to tell.

if I don’t get any reservation tickets emailed to me soon, I’ll try the link you sent. You do advise getting reservations for the afternoon of June 4, right?

thanks again

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    26 May 2018 at 2:56:51 #886305

You don’t say which part of the Golden Pass Line you are travelling. Normally reservations are only required for the Zweisimmen to Montreux (or vice versa) leg during tourist season. You can only pick specific seats on the MOB Panoramic and MOB Belle Epoque trains on that leg.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 May 2018 at 10:21:15 #886306

I’m looking at the Z to M leg. Is June 4 considered part of tourist season?

thanks

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    26 May 2018 at 10:48:30 #886307

July August is peak tourist season. But you can make reservations anyway if you want to choose specific seats.

• The thread ‘Golden Pass reservations with Happy Rail’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.