Hi,

We are family of 4 – 2 adults & 2 kids

I will be staying 2 nights in lucerne – 5th july – 7th july

lucerne to interlaken

3 nights in interlaken 7th – 10 th

interlaken to Geneva 10th – 12th

2 nights in Geneva

I already bought the swiss pass flex for 8 days

Can you advise me if i can take golden pass route from Interlaken to Geneva. Do we need to change trains en route or is it a direct train as I will be having entire luggage with me.

Also advise me where should i fit in Rhine falls in my itinerary whether from lucerne / interlaken.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    8 June 2015 at 10:43:03 #843716

Hi KL,

The Golden Pass trains are free with the Swiss Travel Pass Flex. Please download the map from myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpassflex/ validity to see what else is included.

You need to change trains in Interlaken Ost, Zweisimmen and Montreux. Further information about the Golden Pass line can be found on myswissalps.com/ goldenpass. If you wish, you can send your luggage on to Geneva to travel light. Please see myswissalps.com/train/ practical/luggage.

The Rhine Falls are closer to Lucerne. The page at myswissalps.com/ rhinefalls/ gettingthere explains how to get there.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2015 at 12:23:00 #843717

Thnk for info…Can you also advise me if i should take a break in montreux for 4 – 5 hours is it worthwhile to look around or head straight to geneva

Annika
    7104 posts
    8 June 2015 at 19:08:56 #843718

You can do a boat trip from Montreux, and then continue by train from another town along the lake. Or visit Chillon Castle. Or a train trip up to Rochers-de-Naye. Please see the Montreux page for details.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 June 2015 at 6:38:11 #843719

i have 3 days for interlaken,

day 1 – will do juangfroch,

day 2 – local sight seiing

day 3 – any suggestions, should I go to zermatt in morning and come back in evening – is it worth, or any other suggestions.

My final itinerary looks as under:

day 1: reach lucerne by 10 am and do local sight seeing

day 2: Mount Titlis

day 3: Rhine falls and head to interlaken (evening sight seeing if possible)

day 4: Juangfroch

day 5: suggestion needed

day 6: interlaken to geneva through golden pass (montreaux halt for 4 – 5 hours)

day 7: Geneva local sight seeing & lausanne olympic musuem if possible

day 8: to Paris

Arno
    15471 posts
    9 June 2015 at 6:52:03 #843720

Hi KL,

Zermatt is wonderful (see here), but it’s a long trip from Interlaken. Whether that’s worth it, with so much to do and see at your doorstep in Interlaken, is up to you. Please see here for local activity suggestions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 June 2015 at 18:44:43 #843721

is the classical round trip / majestic round trip to Rigi covered in the swiss pass flex….i am not able to understand clearly from the web…kindly suggest good itinerary for Rigi

Annika
    7104 posts
    10 June 2015 at 18:56:19 #843722

Hi KL,

Please see the Rigi page for trip suggestions. All of it (trains, boats, cable cars) is covered with a Swiss Travel Pass or Swiss Travel Pass Flex.

• The thread ‘Golden Pass route with luggage’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.