Golden Pass Seating observation or main carriage?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 July 2015 at 6:28:30 #807616

We are travelling on the Gold Pass train from Zurich to Montreux in September. Our travel agent says that the seating in the Observation carnage are quite cramped and more like airline seating.

she recommended the seating in the main carriage, atmosphere and viewing more enjoyable.

what do you think.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 July 2015 at 0:11:30 #844679

I presume that you are referring to the six or so seats that are situated at the very front of the train facing forwards. If so all I can say is that I hope your travel agent is correct – we were unable to find any way of booking these seats and so we will be travelling in the normal seating area. If you were to look in on “You Tube” for Golden Pass video clips you will be able to see a short video taken by a passenger from one of those seats. I didn’t think they looked particularly cramped. I expect that you’d be happy with whichever seating area you occupied.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 July 2015 at 3:05:42 #844680

I didn’t think it was those 6 in the front, she requested, Regular first class forward facing, around half way down carriage.

Arno
    15471 posts
    25 July 2015 at 5:58:26 #844681

The VIP seats in the front are quite nice. You would not be facing each other, as the seats are all facing in the direction the train is moving in, so you can have a good look at the tracks and the scenery. Perhaps that’s what she means by airline seating. I think all seats are fine, and especially all 1st class seats as they offer more space. The VIP seats can be booked through tickets.goldenpass.ch. This link, plus more information, can be found in the tickets section of our Golden Pass page.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 July 2015 at 7:16:49 #844682

Thank you

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 July 2015 at 7:17:31 #844683

Thank you

• The thread ‘Golden Pass Seating observation or main carriage?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.