GoldenPass seat reservation: how long in advance?

• Onruslagoon
    Participant
    13 posts
    28 June 2022 at 10:59:53 #827624

Hi, I am trying to buy a seat reservation on the GoldenPass Panoramic train on the10th of September 2022, between Zweisimmen and Montreux (will be travelling with a Swiss Travel Pass) .

How long in advance can you do seat reservation on the GoldenPass Panoramic train (2nd class). On the MOB website i can only enter dates up to end of July. I have already bought my Bernina and Glacier express seat reservation tickets.

Thanks

Hestie

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6382 posts
    28 June 2022 at 13:08:44 #943709

Hi Hestie,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

You can book your seat on the Golden Pass up to 60 days in advance. So if you are travelling in September, you can make your reservation in July.

You can find more details here: http://www.myswissalps.com/goldenpass/tickets

Regards,

Anna

Onruslagoon
    Participant
    13 posts
    28 June 2022 at 13:12:51 #943710

Thanks Anna ,will do, can you send me a link that I can use in July?

Also what does the Zweisimmen – Montraux seat reservation cost?

Arno
    15484 posts
    28 June 2022 at 13:35:04 #943711

Hi Hestie,

Anna’s link will still work in July. If you click that you will get a list of current options to book. The one listed first under “Tickets” is fine; it will get you the prices too (CHF 9, normally).

Onruslagoon
    Participant
    13 posts
    28 June 2022 at 14:06:09 #943712

Thanks Arno, “blond moment” – I missed the link in the first reply.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 June 2022 at 22:32:08 #943713

I’m not sure you will need a reservation in September as it is past the end of the main tourist season.

• The thread ‘GoldenPass seat reservation: how long in advance?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.