About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum GoldenPass VIP panoramic seat availability
MySwissAlps features ads, commercial and non-commercial links.

GoldenPass VIP panoramic seat availability

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
doyle
doyle
2 posts
Jul 15, 2022 - 6:51 AM

I have been trying to book VIP seats on the goldenpass panoramic from Zweisimmen → Montreux

I understand the VIP seats are only available on the 11:02 and the 16:02 departures but despite this, it seems no matter what train or day combination I look for in the next two months, the entire front of the train is blocked off. (see attached photo)

Are these seats currently not available? Any insights would be helpful.

I am considering that maybe the Belle Epoque is a better option but would have loved to try and ride with the VIP seats.

Attachments
Anna
Anna
3861 posts
expert &
Jul 15, 2022 - 10:21 AM in reply to doyle

Hi doyle,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

If the seats are blocked, it means they are not available. There are limited VIP seats (only 8 if I'm not mistaken) and these are quite hard to get if you're travelling during peak periods especially in summer time. But you can always enquire at the station on the day of travel in case a VIP seat becomes available due to last minute cancellation or no-show.

More details about Golden Pass seat reservation here: www.myswissalps.com/goldenpass/tickets

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anna

doyle
doyle
2 posts
Jul 15, 2022 - 11:21 AM in reply to Anna

Thank you for the reply!

Yes, I can imagine it is quite hard to get a seat there but It is a bit odd that every day, even the first day a reservation becomes available, ALL of the seats, including row 2 and the seats along the edge are unavailable. I would expect the odd 1 or 2 seats to be available. This makes me think something else is going on with ability to reserve these seats.

How have others been able to book these seats recently? Do you go in at 12:01 AM to reserve them?

Hopefully this can be helpful to others also looking to book this summer or fall.

-

1960man
1960man
4294 posts
expert
Jul 15, 2022 - 5:22 PM in reply to doyle

I wonder if there are block bookings by a tour operator?

In general, during the transition to the new through trains to Interlaken and fleet renewal by the MOB railway, the VIP seating is limited, and a bit hit and miss.

Last modified on Jul 15, 2022 - 5:23 PM by 1960man
1960man
1960man
4294 posts
expert
Jul 15, 2022 - 9:40 PM

By the way if you don't get a reservation, you can see the cab front view on You Tube - one of many here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHrB1Gux53c

Arno
Arno
15654 posts
expert &
Jul 16, 2022 - 7:13 AM in reply to doyle

Hi doyle,

Yes, GoldenPass VIP seats are limited and reservation can be challenging. As far as we know, one can currently only make reservations online for trains with VIP seats that run during the weekends, and only one week ahead: https://www.myswissalps.com/goldenpass. For other trains you'll have ask for availability at a local railway station.

Normal seats in both the GoldenPass Panoramic and Belle Époque wagons would be a good alternative. Here you'll find links to pdf timetables, and explanation on how to find these trains in the general Swiss timetable: https://www.myswissalps.com/goldenpass/gettingthere.

Last modified on Jul 16, 2022 - 7:14 AM by Arno

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More

Who's MySwissAlps.com?
We're passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about planning a trip to Switzerland since 2002.
More about us

© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2022