Grindelwald – First Cliff Walk by Tissot

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 June 2016 at 12:18:03 #809496

I would like to know how to get to First Cliff Walk by Tissot – Grindelwald. I will be taking Golden Pass Train to Interlaken Ost, hence would like to know which train I have to take to First Cliff Walk by Tossot in Grindelwald, And whether the train is included in Swiss Travel Pass.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    21 June 2016 at 12:54:47 #853310

Hi Peiee, welcome to MySwissAlps,

You’ll take the train to Grindelwald (free), then you’ll walk to the gondola which takes you up to First (50% discounted). The timetable provides all details. Please see here for what’s included in the Swiss Travel Pass.

Have fun!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 June 2016 at 17:36:20 #853311

Thank you! Is the cable car fare CHF 80 return (from Grindelwald to First) with 50% discount? Kids at half price? Do we need to book the train and gondola in advance?

Thank again!

Pei Ee

Arno
    15483 posts
    24 June 2016 at 18:40:26 #853312

Hi Pei Ee,

With a Swiss Travel Pass, adults get a 50% discount on return tickets for the gondola to First. Assuming you have also ordered the free Swiss Family Card, the kids go for free to First and anywhere else. There is no need to book tickets in advance.

• The thread ‘Grindelwald – First Cliff Walk by Tissot’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.