Tell Pass for Zurich airport to Lucerne?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Hafizah
Hafizah
20 posts
Oct 18, 2016 - 3:20 AM

Hi there, Is Tell Pass valid for travelling from Zurich Airport to Lucerne or I should buy train ticket to Lucerne. How much is the train fare? I intend to stay in Lucerne for 3 days during winter in January. As far as I know Tell Pass is only valid in Lucerne only. Thank you

Annika
Annika
5005 posts
expert &
Oct 18, 2016 - 8:46 AM

Hi Hafizah,

The Tell Pass is valid from Baar to Lucerne, so you need an additional ticket Zurich Airport-Baar. Fares can be found in the timetable. The Tell Pass validity map shows coverage details. As you'll see, the pass covers quite a large area and not only the town of Lucerne.

Hafizah
Hafizah
20 posts
Oct 18, 2016 - 12:32 PM in reply to Annika

Dear Annika, thank you so much for the info

Arno
Arno
12131 posts
expert &
Oct 27, 2016 - 8:34 AM

One more thing on the ticket from the airport to Baar: you can use such a ticket if the train stops in Baar (which all direct trains do). A few trains do not stop in Baar but in Zug; in that case you would need a ticket to Zug which is slightly more expensive.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019