Half Fare Card or Swiss Travel Pass?

Half Fare Card or Swiss Travel Pass?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Anky1978
Anky1978
22 posts
Apr 17, 2017 - 6:36 PM

Dear All

A Quick Question / Answer

5 Nights at Swiss , Lucerne

A) Travel From Lucerne to Mt Jung

b) Travel From lucerne to Mt Titlis

c) Travel To Mt Pilatus

d) Travel with Golden Pass Line to Montreux from Luzern and Back

e) Travelling in Lucerne for City Sightseeings

f) Travel From Lucerne to Zurich by Eurail to catch train to Venice.

For these Travelling for 4-5 Days which pass is money saver for me ? Swiss Half Fare Card or Swiss Travel Pass ? for 2 Adults + 2 Kids ?

Another question after buying any of these 2 card how should i book all these tickets?

Please Advise.

Thanks

Lucas
Lucas
5501 posts
expert &
Apr 18, 2017 - 9:03 AM in reply to Anky1978

Hi Ankur,

Based on the amount of trains you are taking it would probably be best (and the simplest) to buy a 4 day Swiss Travel Pass (one per adult) and then the free Swiss Family Card for the kids (6 to 15, under 5 are free always). Use it on either the first 4 days or last 4 days of your trip - whichever is most expensive. You do not need to go back to Zurich to travel to Venice.

If you do buy the Swiss Travel Pass, you can buy it online here, and then no need for any other tickets to purchase, with the exception for the trip to Jungfraujoch from Grindelwald (or Wengen) with 25% discount and the cable car from Engelberg to Mount Titlis which is 50% off.

Lucas

Last modified on Apr 18, 2017 - 9:03 AM by Lucas
Anky1978
Anky1978
22 posts
Apr 18, 2017 - 9:38 AM

Thanks Lucas for your help.

1. But i believe i need to travel to Zurich to travel to venice for a better connection or should i take train from Lucerne to Venice?

Thanks

Ankur Nangia

Lucas
Lucas
5501 posts
expert &
Apr 18, 2017 - 9:57 AM in reply to Anky1978

It isn't a problem catching a train to Venice from Luzern if you want. The trip from Luzern is 6.5 hours (2 train changes) and the trip from Zurich is 7 hours (1 train change) . You can find all schedules for trains here.

Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018