Swiss Half Fare Card worth it for our car trip?

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Dianefamily
Dianefamily
3 posts
Jun 2, 2017 - 2:26 PM

My husband and I will be traveling across Europe by car and will be in Switzerland July 12-19. We will be riding the lift up to Ebenalp. We will be staying a couple of nights in Luzern and want to take a boat ride either the boat tour and Mt Tillies or the the evening ride to Bahnhofquai. I want to stop in Grindelwald to walk the gorge before going to Lauterbrunnen where we will be staying 2 nights. We want to go to Murren and Wengen by train I think? We will also drive to Gruyere for a cheese and chocolate tour than on to Montreux to visit the Castle de Chilean. I can't find prices for all these activities anywhere. It just says it might be 1/2 price with the half fare pass. I can't figure what the prices are?

Lucas
Lucas
10385 posts
expert &
Jun 2, 2017 - 4:05 PM in reply to Dianefamily

Hi DianeFamily,

You can find prices for those activities in 2 ways typically. You can find the website for each attraction, for example:

It would be worth buying the Swiss Half Fare Card for everyone over 16 in your family and then order at the same time the Swiss Family Card that covers those 5 to under 16 (under 5 are always free)

To know for sure if the Swiss Half Fare Card is worth the cost we have a helpful page here to help you do the math.

I hope this helps in your trip planning! Let us know if you have more questions!

Lucas

Last modified on Jun 2, 2017 - 4:06 PM by Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019