Swiss Half Fare Card worth it for our car trip?

Swiss Half Fare Card worth it for our car trip?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Dianefamily
Dianefamily
3 posts
Jun 2, 2017 - 2:26 PM

My husband and I will be traveling across Europe by car and will be in Switzerland July 12-19. We will be riding the lift up to Ebenalp. We will be staying a couple of nights in Luzern and want to take a boat ride either the boat tour and Mt Tillies or the the evening ride to Bahnhofquai. I want to stop in Grindelwald to walk the gorge before going to Lauterbrunnen where we will be staying 2 nights. We want to go to Murren and Wengen by train I think? We will also drive to Gruyere for a cheese and chocolate tour than on to Montreux to visit the Castle de Chilean. I can't find prices for all these activities anywhere. It just says it might be 1/2 price with the half fare pass. I can't figure what the prices are?

Lucas
Lucas
3460 posts
expert &
Jun 2, 2017 - 4:05 PM in reply to Dianefamily

Hi DianeFamily,

You can find prices for those activities in 2 ways typically. You can find the website for each attraction, for example:

It would be worth buying the Swiss Half Fare Card for everyone over 16 in your family and then order at the same time the Swiss Family Card that covers those 5 to under 16 (under 5 are always free)

To know for sure if the Swiss Half Fare Card is worth the cost we have a helpful page here to help you do the math.

I hope this helps in your trip planning! Let us know if you have more questions!

Lucas

Last modified on Jun 2, 2017 - 4:06 PM by Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017