HappyRail changed their delivery method?

• Cece
    Participant
    9 posts
    22 June 2019 at 23:46:16 #822421

Wanting confirmation that the pass I was emailed is legitimate.

I purchased a Jungfrau regional 3 day pass using the link provided on MySwissAlps webpage. I chose HappyRail. On the webpage it stated the pass would be mailed. That they could not give email passes or vouchers. They could only mail the pass . they gave a recommendation of at least 2 weeks mailing time to be safe.

But then I received an email with an attached voucher to reimburse once in the region. If I had known it was going to be a voucher I would have just waited to purchase. I told the rest of my group to wait to purchase.

I am attaching the voucher hoping a moderator can confirm that this is valid?

I emailed HappyRail and asked about the change of policy from mailing the ticket to emailing a voucher and this was their reply:

Hello Catherine,

Thanks for your e-mail.

For Jungfrau Travel Pass it’s nowadays the case that the voucher will be redeemed at one of the rail stations mentioned in the Jungfrau area.

This is all good and settled. We will see our website and update the text accordingly. Thanks very much for your tip.

Best regards,
    Team HappyRail

I then emailed The Swiss travel center who handles regional passes and asked about it and this their reply:

Unfortunately we cannot tell you as we do know this travel agency. ( which I told them was HappyRail.)
    Please contact Regional-Pass Berner Oberland.”

Best regards

Backoffice

Switzerland Travel Centre

I am attaching the voucher with reference number and my name hidden hoping someone on this website can tell me if its valid.

Thank you,

Cathy

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    23 June 2019 at 6:55:02 #915860

Hello Cathy,

Yes it’s legit. They haven’t got around to updating their website by the look of it and nor has MySwissAlps!

Arno
    15484 posts
    23 June 2019 at 9:58:42 #915861

Hi Cathy,

Thanks for sharing this experience. I’m not sure when HappyRail changed this, I guess very recently. In any case, their text about delivery options should be correct, and ours too (will be done today). I’ll double check with them as I want to know if this is a permanent change, and when print@home will be available as that’s the best option.

HappyRail is a legitimate company. I can’t read the text on your voucher (except the header), but I have no doubt it is legitimate. No worries there! The voucher should show all pass details (your name, start date, etc.), so you will at least be able to obtain the pass quicker than the others, who would need to show their passport and make the payment. But I understand that getting the actual pass would have been more convenient. Eventually all passes will be print@home.

By the way, Switzerland Travel Centre does not sell this pass. They referred you to the website of the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland, but that’s a different pass: http://www.myswissalps.com/re gionalpassberneseoberl and.

Cece
    Participant
    9 posts
    23 June 2019 at 21:08:21 #915862

Thank you to both Arno and Rockoyster for your response. I feel much better!

Cathy

• The thread ‘HappyRail changed their delivery method?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.