HappyRail no Swiss Travel Pass upon arrival

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 March 2019 at 5:38:52 #820563

I went online to purchase 3 (8 day) Swiss rail passes and a family card three days ago via your link to happyrail.com. The site said e-delivery would be less than one hour. Its being 3 days, and I have sent them two emails and I still have not received them (and I just arrived to Switzerland). My bank account has been debited but I have received no tickets. Is this a hoax company? Should I tell my bank that it is fraud so I can get my money refunded and purchase my passes in person at a train station now that I am in Switzerland?

thanks for your help

adriana

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 March 2019 at 6:20:58 #907375

Hello Adricapone,

I’m so sorry to hear about your problems! What a pitty!

You can also try to contact Happyrail via live-chat or phone. As it is Sunday today you would have to go for the live chat.
    http://www.myswissalps.com/ab outus/partners/happyra il

I would try contacting Happyrail first before getting in touch with your bank.

I will keep an eye on this to support you with further input!

Fingers crossed that things get sorted out quickly!

Best,
    Steph

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 March 2019 at 6:27:06 #907376

I already sent them three emails and I have not received a responses. I even gave them two other emails where they could contact me in case my yahoo email was blocking their messages. This is very frustrating and unfortunate.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    24 March 2019 at 6:47:56 #907377

Happyrail is starting to develop a bit of a reputation on these forums.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 March 2019 at 6:48:59 #907378

What about the LIVE CHAT, where somebody should attend you right away via computer chat. Do you have access to internet somewhere?

Stay in touch.

Best,
    Steph

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 March 2019 at 6:56:40 #907379

I’m using the internet via my iPhone and there is no chat option via the happyrails website, only email. There is not even a phone number to call.

If someone know their number I’d appreciate it. I really need the rail passes and I hate that I might have to buy new ones and then deal with my bank to get my money back.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 March 2019 at 6:59:03 #907380

I wish I would have searched the forum before I bought from happyrails! Very dumb on my part, but since myswissalps had the link I assumed it was legit and I would get my passes. I will do more research next time!

Arno
    15484 posts
    24 March 2019 at 8:35:07 #907381

Hi Adriana,

I’m sorry to hear about this issue! Let me start by reassuring you that HappyRail is perfectly legitimate. They process thousands of orders per month. Sometimes e-mails get delayed or blocked. Unfortunately I have the same experience as we (MySwissAlps) send e-mails to many people as well. I have never heard of HappyRail not resolving issues like that.

I assume you’ve already checked you spam folder to see if their replies are there? The contact details you are asking for (chat, phone) can all be found on the first link that Steph gave you. It’s Sunday though so I don’t think their office is open, but do give it a try. If you don’t succeed, you’d best get in touch tomorrow morning from 8:00 AM.

If you have an order number, please let us know so I can get in touch with them as well for you. If you don’t have an order number then your last name would be useful.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 March 2019 at 15:42:49 #907382

Hi, I don’t have an order number, but my last name is Capone.

Tganks

Arno
    15484 posts
    24 March 2019 at 16:48:27 #907383

Thanks Adriana, I’ll get back to you.

Arno
    15484 posts
    24 March 2019 at 18:22:07 #907384

Hi Adriana,

I just heard that HappyRail mailed you last Friday because they spotted a problem with the filled out birth date for your Swiss Family Card. So most likely your e-mail provider is blocking their e-mails. They will look into the details of this case tomorrow, when their office is staffed.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 March 2019 at 20:37:37 #907385

Thank you for looking into this. I’ll try contacting them again tomorrow morning.

regards

Malou
    Participant
    33 posts
    25 March 2019 at 2:56:32 #907386

Hi, I got concerned after reading your query because we bought Swiss Travel Pass Saturday night and expected to have it in our email in 1 hour as the site indicated but we also didn’t receive it. While reading the thread here, I asked my husband to check the Spam, and fortunately, it’s there. Have you checked your Spam? I hope everything turns out fine for you.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 March 2019 at 7:33:20 #907387

Hi, it’s 8:22am and I’m on the happyrails website and there is no chat option. Only email option and I already sent them 5 emails and still no response. I am so disappointed and frustrated. I need to take a train this morning.

regards

Arno
    15484 posts
    25 March 2019 at 7:37:07 #907388

Hi Adriana,

The chat works fine for me, I tried a minute ago. But if there’s nobody right now that option turns into an e-mail option so they can get back to you later. They will receive your message, the problem is that you can’t receive theirs unfortunately. Did you look into Steph’s link? It explains all contact options and direct links to. You need to go to https://www.happyrail. com/en/contact. Does it work for you there? Anyway, they are working on it so if they have your phone number and alternate e-mail they should get back to you.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 March 2019 at 8:34:50 #907389

Hi, thank you for your help. Things got resolved and I just got my passes. Thanks to the communications with all of you on myswissalps I was able to stay calm (yes this was me being calm).

thanks!!

Malou
    Participant
    33 posts
    25 March 2019 at 9:03:25 #907390

You’re welcome. Have a fabulous vacation. Can’t wait for ours!

Arno
    15484 posts
    25 March 2019 at 9:14:50 #907391

Thanks for confirming, glad to hear that. Enjoy Switzerland!

• The thread ‘HappyRail no Swiss Travel Pass upon arrival’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.