Which tickets for Bern-Jungfraujoch day trip?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 April 2019 at 4:10:52 #821161

Hello,

I have my first trip to Switzerland coming up in May 24-28 and I’ve been reading some really great tips here. Thank you everyone!

I’ll be staying in Bern from 24-27 and then I go to Zurich on the 27 to spend a day there and come back home on the 28.

What I plan on doing is

Day 1 (24) Bern

Day 2 (25) Day trip to Jungfraujoch with a quick stop in Grindelwald or Lauterbrunnen

Day 3 (26) Day trip to Luzern

Day 4 (27) Zurich

It may not look ideal, but unfortunately I can’t really make changes (maybe switch day 2/day 3).

So if I calculated this right, the half fare pass is cheaper than doing the 3 days Swiss travel pass for what I have planned.

Now where I’m getting a bit confused is the Jungfraujoch portion..

a) Would i need to buy separate tickets from Bern-Interlaken, Interlaken-Jungfraujoch (via Grindelwald) and then Jungfrajoch-Interlaken (via Lauterbrunnen), Interlaken-Bern if I want to take different routes to-from Jungfraujoch and want to make stops?

When I look up Bern-Jungfraujoch on SBB I get the schedule for the full route without “breaks” to stop over at Grindelwald/Lauterbrunnen.. but then I read that it’s possible to make stops and catch the next train, so does it mean that even if I buy the ticket as it’s shown from SBB website, it is not limited to the connections that are suggested?

b) I saw that STC (https://shop.switzerla ndtravelcentre.com/en/ home) has a promotion going on for seat reservation for Jungfraujoch with a Swiss Pass, but the SBB website doesn’t let me see an option for seat reservation. Am I doing something wrong with my search or should I be looking for it elsewhere? (I found this option on http://www.jungfrau.ch/shop/e n/bergbahn/reservation but I don’t know if it’s legitimate..)

My apologies in advance if these are questions that were answered previously, but I would really appreciate your help!

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    23 April 2019 at 4:23:46 #910172

Hello Bfdjt and welcome to MySwissAlps,

If it was me I would buy a ticket from Bern to Grindelwald. Then a ticket from Grindelwald up to Jungfraujoch and down to Wengen (see Jungfraujoch Pricelist at bit.ly/2J5H92u). Then a ticket from Wengen back to Bern. But your plan at (a) would work just as well and you can break the journey wherever you like.

Your link to http://www.jungfrau.ch/shop/e n/bergbahn/reservation is the right place to make a reservation but read this thread first.

Don’t buy anything until you know the weather is favourable. It’s an expensive trip to view the inside of a rain cloud.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 April 2019 at 4:42:14 #910173

Thank you for your advice on the route to Jungfraujoch rockoyster! Unfortunately my trip isn’t all that flexible, but I will definitely wait as long as I can before I buy the tickets.

• The thread ‘Which tickets for Bern-Jungfraujoch day trip?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.