Help planning 5 day itinerary near Interlaken

Help planning 5 day itinerary near Interlaken

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Sankalp
Sankalp
5 posts
May 8, 2018 - 6:57 PM

Hi team my swissalps, further to my previous posts, kindly note we are arriving Basel on 18th June @ 1000 hrs (family of 5 adults & 2 kids, 11 years and 4 years ). Staying near Interlaken. Planning to take a rented car for 5days for ease of travel from Basel to Interlaken with luggages.Please suggest best itineraries and sightseeing options basis following plans

day 1 - any sightseeing or day trip option near Basel or I intend to arrive at Interlaken and keep that day for local sightseeing.

DAy 2 - jungfrau full day

day 3 - Lucerne area and mount titlis

Day 4 - full day with any panoramic train - glacier express/ golden pass or gotthard panormic. Which is the most scenic route here in June andd most convenient from Interlaken.

day 5 - nothing planned, please suggest what to include ?

day 6 - return to basel for flight at 1200 hrs.

Can we also visit pilatus and schilthorn on any of the above days ? What all other excursion options do we have near Interlaken.

which travel pass will be the best option for above excursions - 4 days Swiss travel pass or half fare card or BO regional pass ?. Does BO pass covers free travel from airport to this region. I am yet to decide whether to take a 5 seater car or 7 seater as 7 seater is costing almost double.

ss

Lucas
Lucas
7237 posts
expert &
May 9, 2018 - 3:56 AM in reply to Sankalp

Hi Sankalp,

Day 1: For ideas on what to do on those towns look here: Basel / Interlaken.

Day 4: Golden Pass to Montreux is by far the most convenient option for you from Interlaken.

Day 5: Seems like a good day to go to Schilthorn.

Click here to see how to choose the best rail pass for your itinerary. The regional Pass - Bernese Oberland does not cover you to Basel Airport - see what is covered by the pass here.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018