Help planning 5 day itinerary near Interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2018 at 18:57:49 #815835

Hi team my swissalps, further to my previous posts, kindly note we are arriving Basel on 18th June @ 1000 hrs (family of 5 adults & 2 kids, 11 years and 4 years ). Staying near Interlaken. Planning to take a rented car for 5days for ease of travel from Basel to Interlaken with luggages.Please suggest best itineraries and sightseeing options basis following plans

day 1 – any sightseeing or day trip option near Basel or I intend to arrive at Interlaken and keep that day for local sightseeing.

DAy 2 – jungfrau full day

day 3 – Lucerne area and mount titlis

Day 4 – full day with any panoramic train – glacier express/ golden pass or gotthard panormic. Which is the most scenic route here in June andd most convenient from Interlaken.

day 5 – nothing planned, please suggest what to include ?

day 6 – return to basel for flight at 1200 hrs.

Can we also visit pilatus and schilthorn on any of the above days ? What all other excursion options do we have near Interlaken.

which travel pass will be the best option for above excursions – 4 days Swiss travel pass or half fare card or BO regional pass ?. Does BO pass covers free travel from airport to this region. I am yet to decide whether to take a 5 seater car or 7 seater as 7 seater is costing almost double.

ss

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2018 at 3:56:55 #884683

Hi Sankalp,

Day 1: For ideas on what to do on those towns look here: Basel / Interlaken.

Day 4: Golden Pass to Montreux is by far the most convenient option for you from Interlaken.

Day 5: Seems like a good day to go to Schilthorn.

Click here to see how to choose the best rail pass for your itinerary. The regional Pass – Bernese Oberland does not cover you to Basel Airport – see what is covered by the pass here.

• The thread ‘Help planning 5 day itinerary near Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.