Help planning 5 day itinerary near Interlaken

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Sankalp
Sankalp
5 posts
May 8, 2018 - 6:57 PM

Hi team my swissalps, further to my previous posts, kindly note we are arriving Basel on 18th June @ 1000 hrs (family of 5 adults & 2 kids, 11 years and 4 years ). Staying near Interlaken. Planning to take a rented car for 5days for ease of travel from Basel to Interlaken with luggages.Please suggest best itineraries and sightseeing options basis following plans

day 1 - any sightseeing or day trip option near Basel or I intend to arrive at Interlaken and keep that day for local sightseeing.

DAy 2 - jungfrau full day

day 3 - Lucerne area and mount titlis

Day 4 - full day with any panoramic train - glacier express/ golden pass or gotthard panormic. Which is the most scenic route here in June andd most convenient from Interlaken.

day 5 - nothing planned, please suggest what to include ?

day 6 - return to basel for flight at 1200 hrs.

Can we also visit pilatus and schilthorn on any of the above days ? What all other excursion options do we have near Interlaken.

which travel pass will be the best option for above excursions - 4 days Swiss travel pass or half fare card or BO regional pass ?. Does BO pass covers free travel from airport to this region. I am yet to decide whether to take a 5 seater car or 7 seater as 7 seater is costing almost double.

ss

Lucas
Lucas
10496 posts
top member
May 9, 2018 - 3:56 AM in reply to Sankalp

Hi Sankalp,

Day 1: For ideas on what to do on those towns look here: Basel / Interlaken.

Day 4: Golden Pass to Montreux is by far the most convenient option for you from Interlaken.

Day 5: Seems like a good day to go to Schilthorn.

Click here to see how to choose the best rail pass for your itinerary. The regional Pass - Bernese Oberland does not cover you to Basel Airport - see what is covered by the pass here.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019