Help on selection of right Swiss travel Pass/Ticke

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 September 2012 at 1:04:02 #805609

Hi,
    We are 5 members traveling myself, mywife, My two years old child and My father-in-law and Mother-in-law to Switzerland between 21 Sep to 26 Sep.

Our travelm plan
    21 Sep : Basel euro airport to Meggen (But would like explore Basel city (Got 3 hours time)ney to Meggen) as I booked an appartment in Meggen for all 5nights
    22 Sep Meggen to Interlaken and Back
    23 Sep Meggen to Lucern Mt title and back
    24 Sep Meggen to Lake lucern/lucern city and back
    25 Sep Meggen to Yet to decide options (Zurich/Geneva/ please suggest….) but back to Meggen
    26 Sep Meggen to Basel Euroairpot to catch Flight (No time to spend in Basel)

Below are my questions
    I am thinking to buy 2nos. 4 Days 2 in 1 Saver pass between 22 Sep to 24 Sep (As we will traveling a lot) as we are 2 Couples and it is free for Baby. Then I need to buy Swiss travel ticket to travel from Basel euroairport to Meggen (Traveling on 21 Sep and return (Returning on 26 Sep). BUT MIGHT BE better option for my travel. Please suggest me right Economical option (2 Class train is sufficient)

Main Question: What is the right and economical travel options to me when and what dates to buy Swiss 2 in 1 saver pass? and ticket?Pass? etc..

Additional questions
    Can I buy Swiss 2in 1 pass through internet? Is option avilable to buy in Basel? How to activate once I start using it.

If suggestion is to buy Ticket to travel to Appartment in Meggen (Onward 21 Sep and Return 22 Sep). I was searching in net I can buy, but system is asking to select time, I would like have felixble time ticket. Is it possible?

Any suggestions for 25 Sep travel places

Thanks in advance for the needful.

Manjhs

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    10 September 2012 at 13:27:57 #837170

Hello Manjhs. The 2 for 1 4 day Swiss Saver Pass seems to be the best option indeed. Prices and purchase options can be found at the Swiss Pass page. Just enter your country of residence in the upper right corner, the number of travelers and select the right pass type for all details. Activation methods are explained under the ‘Quick transfer’ option. As far as I know, the 2 for 1 deal has to be bought online. You’d need additional regular tickets between Basel Euroairport and Meggen. These cost about CHF 50.00 per person and they can be purchased at the railway stations of Basel/Meggen before boarding the train.

An alternative is the 2 for 1 offer on the 4 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass, which allow 4 free travel days including September 21 and 26 and two other days. Two remaining days would allow 50% discounted traveling. You could use these for the days in and near Lucerne which is rather close to Meggen. You can calculate which option is better.

I would stay close to Meggen (Zurich, Lucerne or the Interlaken region) on September 25 if I were you to prevent long journeys.

• The thread ‘Help on selection of right Swiss travel Pass/Ticke’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.