I will be travelling to Zurich on a businesstrip in June. Will be extending my stay to lucerne for 4 days 3 night (2 adultsand 1 kid). I intend to the do the following and base on that need suggestionsas to what kind of pass should I be purchasing. (Swiss 2nd class orswiss half fare).
Arrival in Zurich on 14th jun, till21st jun for training. Plan to stay one more night in Zurich andarrive in Lucerne on 22nd June.
My plan for Lucerne is as below.
22nd June: Zurich HB to Lucernestation (Check on 2nd class SBB, costing 24CHF for adult and 12CHFfor kid) using this website: sbb.ch/en
Questions: 1. Am I using the correct website for checking of fares?
2. Is there any differencefor fare price if I were to take the transport at different timing?
My plan for this day is basically roamingaround the area (etc, lion monument, chapel, swiss museum of transport). By usingthe pass, does it mean that I entitled to enter the museum for free? How longdoes it takes to travel to the museum if my point of departing is at Lucernestation.
23rd June: Lake lucerne cruise.
1. By using the pass, does it mean that I entitled to board thecruise for free (on a weekend) if Swiss 2nd class is purchase.
2. Do I need to plan one day for this lake cruise?
3. How long does it takes to travel on a round trip on for cruise.
4. There’s seems to be a lot of alighting area when travelling onthe cruise, where can I find the Fare price of this lake cruise. I’m trying tocompare if buying a pass is more worthwhile.
24th June: Visiting Mt Pilatus
1. some web site is showing that using of pass to Mt Pilatus entitledfor 25% for the ticket while some is showing 50%. What is the official sitethat I can check and compare of the price to visit Mt Pilatus?
2. What does it mean by Mount Pilatus Golden round trip (is it the 360degree tour?), (Needtransportation from hotel to a spot where the tour starts, then also needtransportation in the Gondola to reach the top, then the cogwheel to get downon the other side, then take the ship/boat, and then the bus to reach themorning spot back, and then the bus back to the hotel)
Can we get discount (all 3of us) by showing our Swiss pass.
25th June: Lucerne hotel to Zurichairport (Home sweet home).
1. Can I travel from lucerne to Zurich airport using Swiss pass, FOC? How long does it takes to travel toAirport?
2. My flight depart at 1145hr. Will it be better if I stay in Zurichinstead of Lucerne?
Sorry for the lenghty mail and thanks for the help in advance