What”s the Bernese Oberland like in early April?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 September 2018 at 5:07:18 #818293

Dear All,

We are both in our 30’s arriving Zurich by bus from Munich on 02 Apr, 11 A.M and leaving Zurich by Air on 06 Apr, 12.35 P.M.

We need help for 5 days 4 nights itinerary, We heard that beginning of Apr is not winter and also not very spring yet, it is somewhere in the middle. Will places like OB, Wengen etc be like muddy ? I heard that OB is beautiful but wander how is it like in early April? I hope someone with more knowledge of early spring weather in Switzerland can provide some great insight. Thanks!

We plan to travel around by Rail.

Thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
    10 September 2018 at 13:50:41 #895937

OMG! I was born in CH almost 70 yrs ago, but AFIK I have no idea what OB could be! Should have been born in NY or LA, IMMO…

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 September 2018 at 14:58:25 #895938

Hi Dianachan89 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I think Snowman is trying to nicely point out you have a typo on your abbreviation on the Bernese Oberland? 🙂

My suggestion for ideas on what it is like in Switzerland in April is to look at our “when to visit” web page here: http://www.myswissalps.com/be sttimetovisit

Hiking will be very limited in April (if that is an interest?) and some mountains close for maintenance of the cable cars (between skiing and hiking season) so you’ll find smaller towns are very quiet with some restaurants and hotels closed until June. Note that our mountain pages here (http://www.myswissalps.com/ac tivities/naturalsites/ mountains) all note closure periods of mountains on the route tab.

Let us know your exact interests and we can try to add more advice. For trip planning help have a look at the pages below:

• The thread ‘What”s the Bernese Oberland like in early April?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.