Planning a day in Bern - sights and restaurants

Planning a day in Bern - sights and restaurants

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
ahollowa
ahollowa
6 posts
May 30, 2018 - 9:46 PM

Hello! This forum has been so helpful in planning my surprise trip for my mother!

We will be spending one day (and night) in Bern. We are coming from Lucerne and will be arriving via train between 9:00 and 10:00am on June 11th. I would love it if I could get some help with the order in which I should see the sights I have planned to see during that day. I would like for it to make sense logistically as we will be walking from the train station. If you have any other suggestions of things to see besides those below, please let me know!

I would also love any recommendations for where to eat lunch and dinner in Bern.

Here is what we would like to see that day:

• Zytglogge
  • Kindlifresserbrunnen
  • Rosengarten
  • Gurten Hill
  • Barenpark
  • Alstadt
  • Berner Munster
  • Various fountains throughout Bern
  • Bundeshaus
  • Einsteinhaus
  • Heiliggeistkirche
Lucas
Lucas
8004 posts
expert &
May 31, 2018 - 8:59 AM in reply to ahollowa

Hi ahollowa,

Google Maps can help you plan out the walking points for your interests (as Alpenrose mentions on your Montreux post). It will be all doable in one day as most of those points of interest are right downtown (altstadt).

The Bärenpark and Rosengarten are just across the river Aara - so still very close. It is just Gurten hill that will require you to take a bus and funicular to reach (around 20/25 minutes from Bern train station).

A nice restaurant to stop at is just above the Bärenpark called "Altes Tramdepot"

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018