Planning a day in Bern – sights and restaurants

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 May 2018 at 21:46:58 #816335

Hello! This forum has been so helpful in planning my surprise trip for my mother!

We will be spending one day (and night) in Bern. We are coming from Lucerne and will be arriving via train between 9:00 and 10:00am on June 11th. I would love it if I could get some help with the order in which I should see the sights I have planned to see during that day. I would like for it to make sense logistically as we will be walking from the train station. If you have any other suggestions of things to see besides those below, please let me know!

I would also love any recommendations for where to eat lunch and dinner in Bern.

Here is what we would like to see that day:

• Zytglogge
    • Kindlifresserbrunnen
    • Rosengarten
    • Gurten Hill
    • Barenpark
    • Alstadt
    • Berner Munster
    • Various fountains throughout Bern
    • Bundeshaus
    • Einsteinhaus
    • Heiliggeistkirche
  • Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 May 2018 at 8:59:40 #886881

Hi ahollowa,

Google Maps can help you plan out the walking points for your interests (as Alpenrose mentions on your Montreux post). It will be all doable in one day as most of those points of interest are right downtown (altstadt).

The Bärenpark and Rosengarten are just across the river Aara – so still very close. It is just Gurten hill that will require you to take a bus and funicular to reach (around 20/25 minutes from Bern train station).

A nice restaurant to stop at is just above the Bärenpark called “Altes Tramdepot”

• The thread ‘Planning a day in Bern – sights and restaurants’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.