Help with Bernese Oberland Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 May 2012 at 11:03:02 #805241

Leaving May 21 for Europe so will need to buy my rail pass when I arrive in Switzerand June 2. Can I buy it at the station in Bern or Geneva? Most of time will be spent in Bernese Oberland so am interested in that regional pass. I understand that I can choose 3 free days of travel and 50% discounts on remaining days and 50% discount on mountain trains and boats within a 10 day period. Can I use one of the free days for travel on a mountain train? Thank you. Lynn

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    14 May 2012 at 4:48:42 #836029

Hello Lynn. Please find all information at the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland page. Pass variants and details are listed here, and you’ll find a link to an overview map showing which routes are for free (on free travel days) and which ones are discounted. As for purchasing the pass: if you’re interested in the 2 for 1 offer, you can only buy this online. Regular passes can be bought online or at local railway stations. Please fill out your country of residence in the upper right corner of the page and select the pass variant you want to see an overview of purchase options.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 May 2012 at 10:37:02 #836030

Thank you so much Annika. Think we’ll go with the Bernese Oberland Regional Pass and buy it at the train station. in Bern.

• The thread ‘Help with Bernese Oberland Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.