4 days Zurich for trips to Jungfrau & Rhine Falls

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 March 2018 at 8:44:33 #814579

Hi

Hope it’s ok to ask this. I planning on coming to Switzerland for 3 days in April. It’s me and 2 kids under 14.

I have done a rough itinerary, but not sure if it’s practical. Could you please help me?

April 8th – arrive Zurich at 1400 on TGV Lyria from Paris

April 9th – Go to Jungfraujoch and back to Zurich

April 10th – Go to Rhine falls or Lucerne

April 11th – travel to Florence via Bernina Express ( I haven’t got the tickets yet)

I’m thinking of buying the Swiss rail pass for 4 days. Will that be the most cost effective way as I’m on a very tight budget. I have a place to stay for free in Zurich, that’s why it’s all leaving from there.

Can you please let me know what you think please?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 March 2018 at 13:29:55 #877556

Hi Nimz27 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

It is definitely ok to ask anything! That’s why we are here. 🙂

A couple quick comments, but the itinerary looks fine if that’s what you want to do – it is doable. 🙂

April 9 – I mentioned on your FB post Jungfraujoch is a long day from Zurich but you can do it. Use the timetable to plan out the trip.

April 10 – I’d pick Lucerne over RheinFall, Lots to do there.

April 11 – Another long day! Zurich to Chur is 1.5 hours; Chur to Tirano about 4 hours and then another 5 hours to Florence.

Use April 10 as your rest day! and keep it relaxed in Lucerne. 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 March 2018 at 23:26:16 #877557

Thank you so much Lucas!

Just thinking about the Swiss Rail Pass. Can I use it to go to Tirano, or do I need another ticket?

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    3 March 2018 at 1:42:46 #877558

The actual Bernina Express departs Chur at 8:32 so you need a pretty early start from Zurich. If that timing doesn’t suit you can follow the same route on regular trains.

The Swiss Travel Pass (if that’s what you mean) covers the Bernina Express but you need to also reserve seats at a small extra cost. You don’t need reservations on the regular trains.

But have you worked out whether a Swiss Travel Pass is worth getting? You should read “How to choose the best travel pass” (http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass).

• The thread ‘4 days Zurich for trips to Jungfrau & Rhine Falls’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.