4 days Zurich for trips to Jungfrau & Rhine Falls

4 days Zurich for trips to Jungfrau & Rhine Falls

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Nimz27
Nimz27
2 posts
Mar 2, 2018 - 8:44 AM

Hi

Hope it's ok to ask this. I planning on coming to Switzerland for 3 days in April. It's me and 2 kids under 14.

I have done a rough itinerary, but not sure if it's practical. Could you please help me?

April 8th - arrive Zurich at 1400 on TGV Lyria from Paris

April 9th - Go to Jungfraujoch and back to Zurich

April 10th - Go to Rhine falls or Lucerne

April 11th - travel to Florence via Bernina Express ( I haven't got the tickets yet)

I'm thinking of buying the Swiss rail pass for 4 days. Will that be the most cost effective way as I'm on a very tight budget. I have a place to stay for free in Zurich, that's why it's all leaving from there.

Can you please let me know what you think please?

Lucas
Lucas
8941 posts
expert &
Mar 2, 2018 - 1:29 PM in reply to Nimz27

Hi Nimz27 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

It is definitely ok to ask anything! That's why we are here. :)

A couple quick comments, but the itinerary looks fine if that's what you want to do - it is doable. :)

April 9 - I mentioned on your FB post Jungfraujoch is a long day from Zurich but you can do it. Use the timetable to plan out the trip.

April 10 - I'd pick Lucerne over RheinFall, Lots to do there.

April 11 - Another long day! Zurich to Chur is 1.5 hours; Chur to Tirano about 4 hours and then another 5 hours to Florence.

Use April 10 as your rest day! and keep it relaxed in Lucerne. :)

Last modified on Mar 4, 2018 - 12:22 PM by Arno
Nimz27
Nimz27
2 posts
Mar 2, 2018 - 11:26 PM in reply to Lucas

Thank you so much Lucas!

Just thinking about the Swiss Rail Pass. Can I use it to go to Tirano, or do I need another ticket?

rockoyster
rockoyster
3928 posts
expert
Mar 3, 2018 - 1:42 AM in reply to Nimz27

The actual Bernina Express departs Chur at 8:32 so you need a pretty early start from Zurich. If that timing doesn't suit you can follow the same route on regular trains.

The Swiss Travel Pass (if that's what you mean) covers the Bernina Express but you need to also reserve seats at a small extra cost. You don't need reservations on the regular trains.

But have you worked out whether a Swiss Travel Pass is worth getting? You should read “How to choose the best travel pass” (www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass).

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018