Help with Luggage between Zurich and St.Moritz

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 September 2019 at 12:57:55 #823798

I am traveling from Flughafen Zurich to St Moritz on December 26th and I understand I will have two train changes. In 2020, will any service be offered to help with transferring luggage between trains?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 September 2019 at 17:53:23 #921987

Hi Joanie4

i am travelling from the UK via Zurich to Zermatt and on the St Moritz and also had issues regarding luggage. I am using a company call The Baggageman who will pick up luggage from my home 5 days before departure and then deliver to my hotel the day I arrive and on my return they collect my luggage from my hotel and deliver it back to my home within 5 days

Hope this helps.

HazelB

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 September 2019 at 20:17:56 #921988

Thanks Hazel but I am departing from New York so I’m not sure that company exists in the States.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 September 2019 at 20:24:18 #921989

Hi Joanie4

There may be a similar company stateside, The Baggageman uses DHL it may be worth googleing the prossibilities for you.

HazelH

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 September 2019 at 9:16:57 #921990

Hello Joanie4,

Nice to hear you’re coming to Switzerland after Christmas!

Of course I don’t know how much luggage you’ll have on you but it’s not an unusual thing to travel with luggage on Swiss trains.

In any case, there are also some luggage services offered by the Swiss railway company SBB. See details below:
    http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/practical/luggage

Hope this provides some input.

Happy journey.

Best,
    Steph

Also see:
    http://www.myswissalps.com/ai rports/zurich
    http://www.myswissalps.com/st moritz

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 September 2019 at 11:54:31 #921991

Thanks! The instructions on the SBB website for those traveling from the US, are incredibly confusing. I tried booking the luggage service online and it wouldn’t allow me to do it. So after much research I found a website Swisspasses.com that will do a luggage transfer from your flight from the US and with an extra express fee, you can get your luggage the same day, if your flight arrives before 11:45am. You must book the train tickets with them to get this service.

Has anyone used them or had any experience with this company?

Thanks,

Joan

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 September 2019 at 17:05:28 #921992

Not me unfortunately, hopefully other travellers can offer support!!

Steph

• The thread ‘Help with Luggage between Zurich and St.Moritz’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11160 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.