Help with one day in Engadin St Moritz

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
drdonzhang
drdonzhang
2 posts
Feb 23, 2012 - 7:17 AM
Hey all

I am honeymooning through switzerland in 2 weeks time. I will be taking Bernina express from Chur to Pontresina in Day 1, and have a day and a half in Engadin area and train out on Day 3 from pontresina to Tirano. My wife and I both not good skiiers and not planning to ski at all but we do enjoy other activities such as tobogganing. By reading though the forum, I dont think it will be worth to get any of the passes. Is that true? Also how much would a bus ticket from pontresina to St Moritz will cost? How about Cable cars, how much are they? I basically failed to find those information online. Can someone give me a gerneral idea or a right direction to search?

Thanks heaps!!

Don
drdonzhang
drdonzhang
2 posts
Feb 23, 2012 - 7:33 AM
Just found the bus affairs, if anyone is interested.
http://www.engadinbus.ch/Einzelbillette.htm
Annika
Annika
5095 posts
expert &
Feb 24, 2012 - 4:43 AM
Hi Don, and welcome! For such a short trip, you should either use regular tickets indeed or maybe the Swiss Half Fare Card. I think you should calculate to know for sure which is best in your case. That requires you to have a pretty exact itinerary. You've already found the bus website, I see. Many cable cars display prices at their own website. Websites for cable cars in the Engadine are listed here.

Does that help you out? Best regards and have a wonderful honeymoon!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019