Help with one day in Engadin St Moritz

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 February 2012 at 6:17:26 #804931

Hey all

I am honeymooning through switzerland in 2 weeks time. I will be taking Bernina express from Chur to Pontresina in Day 1, and have a day and a half in Engadin area and train out on Day 3 from pontresina to Tirano. My wife and I both not good skiiers and not planning to ski at all but we do enjoy other activities such as tobogganing. By reading though the forum, I dont think it will be worth to get any of the passes. Is that true? Also how much would a bus ticket from pontresina to St Moritz will cost? How about Cable cars, how much are they? I basically failed to find those information online. Can someone give me a gerneral idea or a right direction to search?

Thanks heaps!!

Don

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 February 2012 at 7:33:41 #834918

Just found the bus affairs, if anyone is interested.
    http://www.engadinbus.ch/Einzelbillette.htm

Annika
    7116 posts
    24 February 2012 at 4:43:46 #834919

Hi Don, and welcome! For such a short trip, you should either use regular tickets indeed or maybe the Swiss Half Fare Card. I think you should calculate to know for sure which is best in your case. That requires you to have a pretty exact itinerary. You’ve already found the bus website, I see. Many cable cars display prices at their own website. Websites for cable cars in the Engadine are listed here.

Does that help you out? Best regards and have a wonderful honeymoon!

• The thread ‘Help with one day in Engadin St Moritz’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.