Help with rail pass Paris – Grindelwald – Zurich

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 June 2015 at 0:02:11 #807432

Hello,

We are a family of 4 travelling(2 Adults+ 2 kids ages 15& 12) travelling to Switzerland & Paris in the month of july. Our total length of the trip will be 9 days. Our hotels are already booked in the respective places. Our base in Switzerland is Grindelwald. Here is our itinerary.

Day 1: Land in Zurich. Immediately take a train to Paris

day 2: paris

day 3: Paris

Day 4 : Paris

day 5: Paris to Grindelwald

Day 6 : Grindelwald to Zermatt (Day trip)

Day 7: Grindelwald to Jungfrau. Also hikes in & around Wengen, Lauterbrunnen

Day 8: Grindelwlad to First. Boat trip on lake thun

Day 9 : Grindelwald to Lucerne ( spend the whole day) & reach Zurich at night.

Day 10: morning flight back home.

I have read about different types of passes but they still confuse me. What kind of pass will be the best for us? Also can we cover the Zurich-Paris & Paris-Grindelwald partly with the pass that we decide to buy?Please help!!!

Thank you,

Meg

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    22 June 2015 at 15:00:45 #843900

Hi Meg,

Thanks for posting! I am thinking of two options for you:

1. Tickets from Paris to Grindelwald, plus two 4-day Swiss Travel Passes for the adults. The children will travel for free with the free Swiss Family Card you can order along.
    2. Tickets from Paris to Basel, plus two Swiss Half Fare Cards. Again the children travel along for free.

Price wise, option 2 will probably work out better. You can find out by doing the math.

In order to find the best place to buy, be sure to click to the Price sections of both pass pages I linked to. The tickets from Paris can be purchased along with your rail passes. Further details are here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 June 2015 at 0:13:33 #843901

Thank you for all the help!!

This is such a great site, I have found lot of information on it.

Thanks,

Meg

• The thread ‘Help with rail pass Paris – Grindelwald – Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.