Hold a Swiss Pass-wish to travel from Paris by TGV

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 February 2016 at 4:16:14 #808502

Hi,

geeetings.

I am planning to buy a swiss pass for 4 days. I plan to travel from Paris to Zurich by TGV. Are there any special prices for TGV for this route for swiss pass holders.?? My dates of travel are 20th march. Also help me to know if there are any promotions available for swiss pass (4days) 20th march – 23 march

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    28 February 2016 at 7:49:33 #848804

Hi Aarya, welcome to MySwissAlps!

You don’t have to pay for the Swiss leg of the trip (Basel to Zurich) if you have a Swiss Travel Pass. So you can just buy a ticket Paris to Basel and stay seated in Basel as the rest of the journey is covered by the Swiss Travel Pass. Please see the below pages for where to buy the pass and ticket:

The latest promotions are listed here: myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/ promotions.

Note that the pass is called Swiss Travel Pass. The Swiss Pass was discontinued in 2014. There still is another product called Swiss Pass, but that’s for Swiss citizens only.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 March 2016 at 4:44:59 #848805

Thank you for the help. Kindly also advice till which station will be my swiss pass valid if I wish to travel to MIlan. And how do I pre book the trip ???

Annika
    7103 posts
    13 March 2016 at 10:53:11 #848806

Hi Aarya,

The Swiss Travel Pass is valid to Domodossola, Chiasso or Tirano (see the map), depending on the route you will take. So you need a ticket from one of these stations to Milan. You can book those through the websites listed here: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/italy/price.

• The thread ‘Hold a Swiss Pass-wish to travel from Paris by TGV’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.