Honeymoond trip to Swiss from 22Dec to 26 Dec

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 July 2012 at 1:14:53 #805493

Hi,

I will be travelling from Venice to switzerland on 22Dec. It is a short stay in Switzerland therefore we do not know where should we start. Pls kindly help to advise. Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 July 2012 at 9:32:55 #836794

We hope to visit the following place. Is it possible?

montreux,mount titlis,jungfrau

Annika
    7116 posts
    27 July 2012 at 7:57:28 #836795

Hi hui256. For a short stay in December I’d pick only on or two towns if I were you. You could go for Lucerne and/or Interlaken and make day trips from there. Titlis can best be reached from Lucerne (as well as Rigi and Pilatus), the Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn from Interlaken. You can check the Bernese Oberland day trip overview and browse this forum for further ideas. Note that not all day trips are accessible in winter. The timetable will aid you in your planning.

Depending on your final itinerary, a rail pass will be more economical than buying regular tickets. The (4 day?) Swiss Saver Pass may be a good option for your stay.

Does that get you started?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 July 2012 at 7:33:27 #836796

Hi,

Thanks for the replied. If I travel to Swiss from 21 to 26dec, with these 6 days am I able to visit the

Following 3 place? (mount titlis jungfrau and montreux). For chrisas is

There particular place in Swiss I should visit? Thanks

Annika
    7116 posts
    1 August 2012 at 9:41:27 #836797

Hi hui256. Yes, you’ll be able to visit these spots. Just check the timetable I mentioned before to plan your trip. I’m not quite sure if I understand your second question correctly. Are you looking for information on Christmas in Swiss towns? If so, you can best use the search box in the upper right corner; you’ll find some topics on Christmas markets and other tips.

• The thread ‘Honeymoond trip to Swiss from 22Dec to 26 Dec’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.