Hotel Falken or hotel Baren in Wengen?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 July 2015 at 4:43:37 #807569

We are a family of 4 and choosing between Hotel Baren or Hotel Falken in Wengen- they both sound great but wondering if one might be better for us? The rates are about the same and include breakfast. We are there for 3 nights. My daughters are teenagers. Thanks!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    17 July 2015 at 14:16:46 #844539

Hi Eskid,

Thanks for your post! I can comment on the location, but actually both hotels are really close to the rail station, which is convenient for your day trips. So that’s not much of a difference. If the sound of the trains may bother you, then Bären is a bit further away from the tracks. The views from Falken might be better as there are less building surrounding it, but this would obviously also depend on the exact room you will have.

Perhaps other travelers reading this have more details for you.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    17 July 2015 at 14:50:35 #844540

<<“Perhaps other travelers reading this have more details for you.”>>

Kim has some comments on those hotels in her report –

http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/tips-about-wengen-and-the-jungfrau-region-by-kim

<<” If the sound of the trains may bother you, then Bären is a bit further away from the tracks.”>

Although there are several trains per hour passing through Wengen, and they certainly make noise, they are not very big, and the noise cannot be compared to a high speed passenger or freight train with many cars at speed. 3 to 4 or 5 cars is typical, and they don’t go very fast. As a consequence, the noise is less troublesome than it might be at a mainline station or one with heavy traffic.

Jayjay
    Participant
    15 posts
    17 July 2015 at 16:18:52 #844541

I have never stayed in either of these hotels, but if you want a quiet location 10 minutes walk from the station I can highly recommend the Belvedere Hotel. The south facing rooms have stunning views of the Lauterbrunnen Valley and up towards the Jungfrau. This year will be my 9th visit, always staying in the same room! Where eber you stay, enjoy !

• The thread ‘Hotel Falken or hotel Baren in Wengen?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.