Hotels in Geneva with air-conditioner

• Lilly22
    Participant
    2 posts
    11 June 2022 at 12:28:38 #827476

Hello

I really need help, our trip is in a couple weeks and I’m panicking for not having a room yet.

We live in a very cold climate and due to medical issues need working Air conditioner in our rooms to cool the room to about 20C. I have learned this is vey difficult to find in Switzerland and hasn’t been needed in the past.

However, this year temperatures are already in the 30’s / 80’s and the hotels have informed us they expect they to reach high 80’s by July. They say their ACs will only bring their temps down 5 degrees vs outside temps. Ex it outside temp is 85 the room will be at 80 lowest.

Has Anyone here stayed in the Lake Geneva area that had a great AC? Please let me know.

my family is in Chexbres I can be up to 35 min away (vevey, Lausanne etc). Also if the hotel has a pool it would be great, but AC is a must.

Please help thank you so much.

Can I rent a portable Ac?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6384 posts
    11 June 2022 at 12:51:40 #943137

Hi Lilly22,

I think most established hotels in and around Geneva now have air-conditioning in the rooms. This is usually listed in their available services and facilities. So be sure to look them up before you make your booking. To be sure you can always ask the hotels directly.

Regards,

Anna

Lilly22
    Participant
    2 posts
    11 June 2022 at 13:13:44 #943138

Hello Anna

Thank you for your response. they list Air conditioner , but as I mentioned they say their AC only brings the temps down 5 degrees from outside temps Ex- if outside is 85 F inside would be 80F which is not good for us esp with the respiratory condition.

We are looking for a hotel with real working Ac to cool the room to 19 C pls not just lower it 5 degrees vs outside temps.

Anna
    6384 posts
    11 June 2022 at 21:08:31 #943139

Hi Lilly22,

If you put in a request with a good reason, perhaps the hotel will comply and set the temp a little lower.

In some hotels, guests can set the air-cond temp according to their needs. You could also request for a portable ventilator if that might help.

Regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘Hotels in Geneva with air-conditioner’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.