How do I contact Happyrail for refund?

• Herryr
    Participant
    2 posts
    23 April 2018 at 14:47:41 #815483

Good day, I am really hoping someone could point me in the right direction to sort out my swiss travel pass flex issue.

I booked two Swiss Travel Pass Flex – 26+ years tickets via HappyRail.com on April 22 2018 and I indicated the starting date to be April 24 2018, and nominated Zurich Airport to be the collection point.

I arrived today in Zurich, April 23 2018 and went to the SBB travel center, but my tickets are not available and the staff doesn’t know when the tickets will arrive there. I thought booking via any of the agents would result in printing of the tickets via SBB center, apparently I was wrong.

The kind staff at SBB suggested that I purchase new tickets and cancel (and hence get refund) the tickets from HappyRail.

i tried to email HappyRail just to confirm how cancellation works but no reply so far, and I am supposed to be off to Zermatt tomorrow. Tried to find HappyRail phone number for more immediate reply, but couldn’t find it at all.

Accomodation for 7 days have been booked, and i am currently stuck in zurich needing pointers on how best to proceed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

regards,

Herry

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    23 April 2018 at 16:05:27 #882988

Hi Herry,

I am sorry to hear that! You’ll find their contact details here but I don’t think they have a customer phone number. They respond to e-mails very fast usually. However, office hours just ended for them so if you just e-mailed you’re likely to get a reply tomorrow.

I don’t know what went wrong here. I would buy a new pass and continue with my trip as planned. Normally unused passes are refundable for 85%. But if they messed up I assume they refund the full amount. It’s your decision of course, this is just my opinion but I hope it helps.

I will see if I can find a phone number and if I do I will e-mail it to you. For now I’d say: don’t worry, they are a reputable company and I am sure this will be sorted out.

Welcome to MySwissAlps by the way!

Arno
    15484 posts
    23 April 2018 at 18:16:36 #882989

Hi Herry,

I received your e-mail, thanks for the update! Glad to hear Happyrail already contacted you. Enjoy your trip!

• The thread ‘How do I contact Happyrail for refund?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.