How many travelling days for 7 days trip?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 March 2016 at 23:47:43 #808565

Hello, My family and I are planning to visit Switzerland on mid June this year. I have a question regarding about choosing the number of days for Swiss Travel Pass. As I will be travelling to Switzerland for 7 days 6 nights, if I choose Swiss Travel Pass 8 consecutive days, does it mean I have wasted 1 travelling day since I won’t be using it on day 8, or there is better choice for it?

And regarding to finding train route from one destination to another, which website I can use to search? Any ways to understand the different types of trains that are in service in Switzerland? Sorry I am quite confused about it. Thanks in advance 🙂

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15478 posts
    8 March 2016 at 12:53:55 #849155

Hi maxliew, thanks for joining us!

If you have 7 days to spend then indeed you will not use one day of the 8-day pass, but still it could be the cheaper and more convenient option if compared with buying point to point tickets for all of your trips. You’d better first decide where you want to go and what you want to do, and then pick a rail pass later, based on your plans (see here for help).

Train schedules can be found in the timetable, scenic trains are listed here. Also I recommend to do some reading in our train section, especially this page will be helpful I think: myswissalps.com/ train/practical/ howtotravel.

Does this get you started?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 March 2016 at 14:25:38 #849156

Hi Arno, thank you for your reply. Can I buy my Travel Pass in Switzerland? Does it costs the same or more expensive?

Arno
    15478 posts
    8 March 2016 at 14:35:11 #849157

Hi maxliew,

See here for purchase options please. The simplest option is to buy online (same price currently) and print your pass at home. That way you can immediately board your first train without spending time at a ticket office. Please see http://www.swissrailways.com/ en and select “Online Ticket” as the delivery option.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 March 2016 at 20:27:52 #849158

Thank you for your information, it helps me to plan my trip in an efficient way 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 March 2016 at 6:58:29 #849159

Hi Arno, for 8 consecutive days Swiss Travel Pass, it seems there is no “Online Ticket” as the delivery option. I didn’t find it during the booking process. Can you please tell me how I should buy e-ticket under the link which you sent me “http://www.swissrailways.com/ shop.switzerlandtravelcentre.com/?affiliateId=23#/en/home” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”> en” . Thank you!

Arno
    15478 posts
    20 March 2016 at 8:33:36 #849160

Hi maxliew,

It’s certainly available (I just tried to be sure): start ordering and after you have filled out your personal information the “Online Ticket” option is the last one in the list under “Delivery information”.

Please go to http://www.swissrailways.com/ en, click the left most pass and continue from there.

Did it work now?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 March 2016 at 12:14:45 #849161

Okay, I found it after filling the personal information. Thank you!

• The thread ‘How many travelling days for 7 days trip?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.