Luggage service Zurich to Basel – storage & ship

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 February 2018 at 15:57:30 #814359

My husband and I are taking a river cruise from Basil in July. Before the river cruise we want to tour Switzerland for 4 to 5 days. Does anyone know of a luggage or baggage service that will store and transport our cruise baggage from Zürich to Basil for us. Thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 February 2018 at 16:17:16 #876275

Hi Schiffy and welcome to MySwissAlps!

You can store your luggage at Zurich main train station or Zurich airport. You can then send the luggage on to Basel later in the week.Read more about Swiss railways luggage services here.

You would, as far as I am aware, have to return to your luggage, pick it up and then send it off. I’m not sure if you were looking for a service to do that without you going back to Zurich?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 February 2018 at 16:28:34 #876276

Thank you. We were hoping that we did not have to return to Zurich

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    14 February 2018 at 21:34:08 #876277

You don’t need to store it at Zurich. Just forward it from Zurich to Basel and pick it up when you get there. It is available on Day 3 when you send it on Day 1 but they will store for up to 4 days for free and nominal charge thereafter.

• The thread ‘Luggage service Zurich to Basel – storage & ship’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.