Luggage service Zurich to Basel - storage & ship

Luggage service Zurich to Basel - storage & ship

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Schiffy
Schiffy
2 posts
Feb 14, 2018 - 3:57 PM

My husband and I are taking a river cruise from Basil in July. Before the river cruise we want to tour Switzerland for 4 to 5 days. Does anyone know of a luggage or baggage service that will store and transport our cruise baggage from Zürich to Basil for us. Thank you

Lucas
Lucas
8836 posts
expert &
Feb 14, 2018 - 4:17 PM in reply to Schiffy

Hi Schiffy and welcome to MySwissAlps!

You can store your luggage at Zurich main train station or Zurich airport. You can then send the luggage on to Basel later in the week.Read more about Swiss railways luggage services here.

You would, as far as I am aware, have to return to your luggage, pick it up and then send it off. I'm not sure if you were looking for a service to do that without you going back to Zurich?

Schiffy
Schiffy
2 posts
Feb 14, 2018 - 4:28 PM

Thank you. We were hoping that we did not have to return to Zurich

rockoyster
rockoyster
3908 posts
expert
Feb 14, 2018 - 9:34 PM in reply to Schiffy

You don’t need to store it at Zurich. Just forward it from Zurich to Basel and pick it up when you get there. It is available on Day 3 when you send it on Day 1 but they will store for up to 4 days for free and nominal charge thereafter.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018