How to get the best deal for Titlis and driving?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 September 2015 at 6:35:33 #807963

Hi…we will be visiting Switzerland in November & will be staying at Lauterbrunnen…we will be traveling by car, no train…for titlis, should we buy swiss pass (which we won’t be using for train at all) to enjoy titlis 50% discount?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    18 September 2015 at 9:39:49 #846189

Hi Juhaida,

The Swiss Pass is not available anymore. It was replaced by the Swiss Travel Pass in 2014 (see here please). If you plan to drive the Swiss Half Fare Card is a better choice. It gives you a 50% discount on Mount Titlis and many other trains, boats and cable cars. Please see myswissalps.com/ swisshalffarecard/ price for where to buy one, and further details.

I would recommend to travel by train though, unless you plan to visit remote areas. The higher road passes will be closed in November anyway, so you don’t need a car for that, and the Lauterbrunnen area is mostly car free.

Please note that the Titlis cable cars do not operate from November 2 to 13 due to maintenance.

I hope this was useful!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 September 2015 at 12:34:01 #846190

Tq for advice….oh dear, this means we gotta reschedule & cancel apartment & car bookings…cancellation is strict where i can only get 50% refund…do you think i should do the cancellations?…

Appreciate your kind advice on what other activities suitable between 12-15 Nov?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 September 2015 at 13:27:05 #846191

Additional questions:-

– if we decide to cancel driving, which card would be the best for us?…is it still swiss half fare card?

– is titlis cable car open on 14th nov?

Arno
    15484 posts
    19 September 2015 at 13:49:26 #846192

Hi Juhaida,

I don’t see why you consider to cancel your apartment. And traveling by car is still an option, it’s just good to be aware of the limitations. The train system is excellent and more convenient for the regular sightseeing. It’s all up to you of course.

If you do it all by train you should list all your day trips and pick a pass based on that. You can calculate which pass is the cheapest option as explained here.

Titlis should indeed re-open on November 14. More activities can be found under “What to do” in the main menu, or on our regional pages such as the one for the Jungfrau region.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 September 2015 at 13:53:32 #846193

Tqvm for your kind advice…appreciate it!… 🙂

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    19 September 2015 at 14:17:09 #846194

You could skip Titlis and try some other mointains.

Maybe Niessen is open then, and closer to Lauterbrunnen…..?

http://www.myswissalps.com/ni esen

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘How to get the best deal for Titlis and driving?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.