May 17, 2018 - 3:33 AM
in reply to Rishidatta19
Hello Rishi and Welcome to MySwissAlps,
1. The Jungfrau is a mountain which gives it name to the region surrounding it. Jungfraujoch is a railway station on the Jungfrau.
2. Have you seen this page www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch/gettingther e?
3. Trummelbach Falls is in the Lauterbrunnen Valley on the road to Stechelberg. You can reach it by bus or walk there.
4. You will find the price list here bit.ly/2J5H92u. If you have a Swiss Travel Pass you will get 25% discount from Wengen (or Grindelwald) upwards. A Swiss Half Fare Card will give you 50% off the trip from Lauterbrunnen.
5. I would do Jungfraujoch first and then Trummelbach when you come back down if you have time.
6. Sub-zero up top. You can check the temperature here bit.ly/2GmILXS.
7. Layers are best. It may be quite mild in Lauterbrunnen and cold at altitude.
Not related to Jungfraujoch but from Lauterbrunnen a very nice circuit to do is to Grütschalp (cable car), Mürren (train), Gimmelwald (cable car), Stechelberg (cable car), Lauterbrunnen (bus). From Mürren you can easily visit Schiltorn. In between Stechelberg and Lauterbrunnen the bus stops at the Trummelbach Falls. Schilthorn is free with the Swiss Travel Pass and gives you a great view of the Jungfrua from a distance rather than standing near the top of it.
Both mountains are only worth visiting if the weather is favourable.