How to reach Jungfrau by lauterbrunnen,cost & time

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 May 2018 at 2:26:56 #816033

Dear Reader,

I would like to get the following information about jungfrau as i am planning to bring my parents for a trip to your beautiful country in the month of JUNE, 2018 and especially excited about jungfraujoch. This is my humble attempt to reconfirm the information i have managed to assemble over the internet and would really appreciate your time and effort in helping us out.

1. Is jungfraujoch just a different name for jungfrau?
    2. How to get to top of jungraujoch from lauterbrunnen via trummelbach falls?
    3. How much time would it take to reach the top of jungfraujoch from trummelbach falls?
    4. How much does it cost for 1 adult to make a round trip from lauterbrunnen to the top of jaungfraujoch and back?
    5. If i want to cover trummelbach falls and jungfraujoch in 1 day then what kind of an itinerary would you suggest us to follow to ideally give us ample time to soak in the beauty of both the place in 1 day?
    6. What temperature can we expect to witness on 14 June 2018 and 15 June 2018?
    7. What clothes would you suggest us to bring for this particular day trip?

In addition to the above information any other information if you believe might help us plan out our itinerary more efficiently would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks for your time and efforts once again.

-Rishi

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    17 May 2018 at 3:33:32 #885493

Hello Rishi and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

1. The Jungfrau is a mountain which gives it name to the region surrounding it. Jungfraujoch is a railway station on the Jungfrau.

2. Have you seen this page http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch/gettingther e?

3. Trummelbach Falls is in the Lauterbrunnen Valley on the road to Stechelberg. You can reach it by bus or walk there.

4. You will find the price list here bit.ly/2J5H92u. If you have a Swiss Travel Pass you will get 25% discount from Wengen (or Grindelwald) upwards. A Swiss Half Fare Card will give you 50% off the trip from Lauterbrunnen.

5. I would do Jungfraujoch first and then Trummelbach when you come back down if you have time.

6. Sub-zero up top. You can check the temperature here bit.ly/2GmILXS.

7. Layers are best. It may be quite mild in Lauterbrunnen and cold at altitude.

Not related to Jungfraujoch but from Lauterbrunnen a very nice circuit to do is to Grütschalp (cable car), Mürren (train), Gimmelwald (cable car), Stechelberg (cable car), Lauterbrunnen (bus). From Mürren you can easily visit Schiltorn. In between Stechelberg and Lauterbrunnen the bus stops at the Trummelbach Falls. Schilthorn is free with the Swiss Travel Pass and gives you a great view of the Jungfrua from a distance rather than standing near the top of it.

Both mountains are only worth visiting if the weather is favourable.

• The thread ‘How to reach Jungfrau by lauterbrunnen,cost & time’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.