How to reach Mt. Titlis Rotair?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 September 2018 at 17:09:41 #818508

Hi

I like to take the Mt Titlis Rotair revolving cable car to Mt Titlis, so I’m using the google map to see how to get there

If I take the cable car GB1 from Engelberg (Talstation Titlis), it would arrive 15 mins later and instead of taking the cable car LB 3001 I should look for Mt Titlis Rotair cable car instead correct ? There is 2 different cable car going up to Mt Titlis so I just walk to Rotair am I right ? cause I’m abit confuse

I have the swiss travel pass with me, so do I have to pay for the cable car rides, and do I pay at Engelberg station for both cable car rides ?

many thanks for your advice

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    25 September 2018 at 18:26:16 #896854

Hi Swiss4me,

You’ll find a map and an explanation of the cable car route here: http://www.myswissalps.com/ti tlis/gettingthere. You’ll get a 50% discount on the tickets with your Swiss Travel Pass, either online or on the spot: http://www.myswissalps.com/ti tlis/tickets.

Have fun!

FazilT
    Participant
    26 posts
    26 September 2018 at 5:27:49 #896855

Hi swiss4me

Google maps will be confusing at times. Use the SBB mobile app.. enter your origin and destination. It shows the transfers..

Titlis cable way has 2 stages.. first you go from Engelberg Talsatation to Stand.. by cable car . And then from Stand to Mt Titlis in rotair.. The first one is denoted by GB and the second LB in timetable.

You can buy tickets from Engelberg Talsatation and also from Engelberg Trainstation..(which we bought.. was easier .. there was no queue)

Fazil

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 September 2018 at 9:02:58 #896856

oh great, I was trying to figure out what’s GB, LB in googlemap

thank you, you guys been very helpful, you answer my questions !

Arno
    15484 posts
    26 September 2018 at 9:58:52 #896857

You’re welcome! GB means Gondelbahn (cableway with gondolas) and LB means Luftseilbahn (cableway with a big cabine). But you don’t need such details to find your way. You won’t see these abbreviations once there, it’s just a detail in the timetable. All you need to do is find the valley station, which is signposted, and then board and enjoy the ride 🙂

• The thread ‘How to reach Mt. Titlis Rotair?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.