How to receive Swiss Travel Pass from UAE

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
zyborgatic
zyborgatic
3 posts
Jul 2, 2016 - 5:55 AM

hi,

I will be heading to Paris on the 5th of July and will be in swiss by the 8th of july. I want to book a swiss travel pass for 3 days. searching through the online forums and details on various websites, I have understood how it works for most of it. But what i wanted to know was that, is the swiss travel pass just a printed document or is it a card of some sort? i think ill receive a travel document through email within 2 days after purchase, but is that all i need to have or do I have to go to some station and validate it, and get some actual official paper or something.

Also, a quick suggestion if anyone has a better idea. Im heading with my family in a tour package, so they are taking care for the majority of our trip, except the last two days. Namely the 11th and 12th, and I leave for UAE on 13th. So for two days a swiss rail pass would be good or can anyone suggest a better option?

Please do help me out with this. Thank you.

Arno
Arno
13974 posts
expert &
Jul 2, 2016 - 7:40 AM

Hi zyborgatic, welcome to MySwissAlps!

The Swiss Travel Pass can be printed at home (or anywhere else like your hotel). You don't need to visit a ticket office at the train station. It is ready to use. You'll find all purchase options here: myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/ price. In your case you can buy it through www.raileurope-gcc.com/pass/swiss-travel-pass-82 or www.swissrailways.com/ en. You may qualify for a discount: myswissalps.com/forum/ topic/10-to-60-discount-on-all-train-passes-and-tickets.

Whether a 3-day pass is the best choice depends on your plans for the two days. You can compare passes as explained here.

Enjoy your stay!

Last modified on May 17, 2018 - 11:42 AM by Arno
zyborgatic
zyborgatic
3 posts
Jul 2, 2016 - 9:31 AM

Thank you Arno!

So even if I'm leaving on the 5th I can go ahead and book it now, and then once I receive the documents via email, print it and get it validated at a station by an official.

Right?

Arno
Arno
13974 posts
expert &
Jul 2, 2016 - 2:17 PM in reply to zyborgatic

Yes, correct, except that you don't need to validate it. It is ready to use. That's the big advantage of printing it yourself: no time lost, you can board your first train immediately.

zyborgatic
zyborgatic
3 posts
Jul 2, 2016 - 9:43 PM

Thank you so much!

Ive booked my passes and hopefully should receive them through email by the time I am in Paris.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019